Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-08-30-Zero-One-Shingeki II] Shinya Hashimoto & Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs Mark Kerr & The Predator

Superstar Sleeze

Shinya Hashimoto & Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs Mark Kerr & The Predator - Zero-One 8/30/01

Turns out I’ve only ever seen Mark Coleman but have known of Mark Kerr’s existence forever but just never seen him. It seems like Kerr did a lot less pro wrestling than Coleman. The Predator is best known stateside as Sylvester Terkay who I thought had a way longer run in WWE. He really stuck with me as a teenager. I loved his look and gimmick. He was undefeated in WWE in his short tenure. Why was he let go?

The Predator makes a big deal that he is indeed The Predator at first I thought this was weird but it is because I guess he was going a Big Van Vader UFO gimmick complete with mask (but he took Off the mask). I assume this was to avoid lawsuits.

Nothing extraordinary here but an enjoyable contest. Mark Kerr would have been a fantastic pro wrestler. Predator is fucking huge and looks killer but leaves something to be desired in his strikes and moves. Tom Howard was also the trainer of the Predator so I feel like this a continuation of UPW vs Z-1 or American Shooters vs Z-1 feud.

The best exchanges were between Hashimoto and Kerr for sure. Kerr’s double leg takedown looked killer. Hashimoto gave pretty good (he did the old Takayama spot where Kerr shot off the double leg and Hashimoto made him eat a knee) but Kerr looked like a beast. Predator/Fujiwara was fun because Fujiwara is always fun. Hashimoto performed better against Predator (sick drop toehold to start) and it was clear he was going to be the fall guy. Fujiwara/Kerr was fun. Just some cool amateur takedowns and scrambles. Back to the main event which was Hash vs Kerr. Kerr gets a terrific organic belly to belly but can’t connect with any ground & pound. Predator comes in and Racks Hashimoto but Fujiwara saves with the headbutt. Hashimoto delivers SPACE TORNADO OGAWA and polishes him off with a cross armbreaker!

Kerr gets on the mic to challenge Hashimoto to a singles match which has me salivating but to my knowledge never came to fruition. Enjoyable short tag match. Kerr/Hashimoto is worth it ***1/4

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2001-08-30-Zero-One-Shingeki II] Shinya Hashimoto & Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs Mark Kerr & The Predator

Terkay!!! What a throwback to those terrible ECW days. If he'd been a thing in the 90's he would've probably had a way better career all things considered, dude was a legitimate killer. WWE wasn't a good fit due to his real inability to, well, wrestle. Guy was in the infamous OVW superstar class with Orton/Lesnar/Benjamin/Cena and still didn't get anywhere, so I can imagine six years later probably didn't change a whole lot. 

If you're looking for weird MMA stuff then Coleman/Kawada is a cool little wacky showing, would say that's fun