Pro Wrestling Only

[2002-07-07-Zero-One-Impossible to Escape] Naoya Ogawa vs The Predator (Cage)

Superstar Sleeze

Naoya Ogawa vs The Predator - Zero-One 7/7/02 Steel Cage Match

To me based on the PPV cards the climax of Z-1 vs the UPW boys. This card drew 2000 more people to the Sumo Hall compared to the last show so it was a marquee match. Predator must have been thinking his trajectory was the big time. He is still doing the Brody gimmick.

I think this delivers but doesn’t overdeliver. It is a very solid cage match between two monsters. I enjoyed it but wasn’t an all time, Predator threw Ogawa into the cage a bunch, hit some Brody signature spots and used the chain to attach and choke Ogawa. Ogawa used his Judo takedowns and the steel cage to regain control. Not one Not Two but THREE SPACE TORNADO OGAWAS plus a choke out gets Ogawa the win.

Brody I mean Predator gets his heat back by attacking Ogawa with ten chain but that gets broken up. Hashimoto/Ogawa cut a promo head to the back only to be jumped by Nathan Joens and Tom Howard. Nathan Jones is FUCKING HUGE! I knew he was big but I didn’t think he would tower over Ogawa. Tom Howard isn’t done yet. They challenge them to a tag team match, it looks Nathan Jones did fight them in a tag team but with Corino and maybe Heidenreich (blast for the past!) but not Howard what a shame! Maybe the UPW feud still has some life left in it before they switch over to Z-1 vs AJPW. Fun monster vs monster Cage match ***1/2

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2002-07-07-Zero-One-Impossible to Escape] Naoya Ogawa vs The Predator (Cage)