Pro Wrestling Only

[2002-08-30-AJPW] Goldberg vs Satoshi Kojima

Superstar Sleeze

Goldberg vs Satoshi Kojima - AJPW 8/30/02

Kojima got pushed pretty hard in 2002, a big two match series with Tenryu, the Triple Crown match is excellent, MOTYC level and he has a big match against Great Muta that's on my list to watch. I think it makes sense why he and later Kea are the sacrificial lambs for Goldberg. I am assuming the plan was for Goldberg to do more dates for All Japan but plans fell through. Would have been interesting to see what Tenryu or Kawada could have gotten out of Goldberg. Mutoh I feel would have been a horrible Goldberg opponent. 

Goldberg does the full Goldberg entrance. He does look like a total badass. Goldberg really nailed who he was on the Stone Cold podcast before fucking it up. He is the lion they fed the Christians to. Fuck yeah! He is not human. He is an animal. A terminator. Soulless. He later expanded on it like he was some sort action all-American superhero. I was like nope thats what you want to be, but you are not. You are a fucking animal that tears through opponents. Not his best squash match. No spear makes me sad. His spear is the spear to end all spears. He does not even do a Jackhammer. It is just spinny twisting thing he does out of the Jackhammer position. The collar & elbow throwdowns were the best thing. His body scissors into a legbar looks good per usual. Kojima got absolutely nothing and didnt really go much. 

Very skippable squash match.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2002-08-30-AJPW] Goldberg vs Satoshi Kojima