Pro Wrestling Only

[2002-08-31-AJPW] Goldberg vs Taiyo Kea

Superstar Sleeze

Goldberg vs Taiyo Kea - AJPW 08/31/02

The first thing the reporters ask Goldberg when he gets back is why no Jackhammer or Spear? I was thinking the same damn thing. Ultimo Dragon is his booking agent! Goldberg says he only does what Dragon tells him! Glorious! The build to WrestleMania XX should have been Goldberg and Dragon as an odd couple doing wacky antics en route to winning tag team gold. Goddamnit Vince you suck!

This is a better squash than Kojima. Kea at least tries to bow up to Goldberg. I dont know much about Kea. I think the only match I watched was him main event the first Budokan show post-split. Honestly AJPW's future kinda hinged on him. I am not the biggest Kojima fan, but I think he could have carried the banner but he needed at least one preferably two people his age to help him. Kea just never seemed catch fire. Three fun spots in this one. Kea tells Goldberg to run the ropes so they can do the shouldertackle spot but Goldberg says Fuck You and clobbers him. Then Kea goes for a waistlock and Goldberg like lightning rolls through into a heel hook. The finish was sick! Goldberg invites Kea to throws some kicks. He catches a kick. Palm strike! PALMS KEA CHEST PICKS HIM UP AND HURLS HIM DOWN! SICK! 

Goldberg says once he heals up, he will come back to Japan and you will see the real Goldberg. He had a pretty heavy wrap on one of his thighs. I assume thats why he did not do a spear or Jackhammer. This one is fun. ***

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2002-08-31-AJPW] Goldberg vs Taiyo Kea