Pro Wrestling Only

[2002-11-17-AJPW Wrestle-1] Great Muta vs Bob Sapp

Superstar Sleeze

Great Muta vs Bob Sapp - Wrestle-1/AJPW 12/17/02

I finally found it! The Bob Sapp Madonna Holiday Entrance! Something that captured my imagination since the first time I saw it in college. I didnt know if this entrance was for an MMA bout, pro wrestling match or HUSTLE, but it something that has stuck with me for years. I find fantasy booking helps me fall asleep, my version of counting sheep. The Bob Sapp Madonna Holiday entrance is something I have re-envisioned multiple times over. To me it is one of those moments that truly captures the essence of pro wrestling and what makes pro wrestling the most unique form of entertainment in the world. Hands-down the greatest entrance in pro wrestling history! 

The match itself is actually pretty good. It is a clash of the titans, hit all your bombs, and get the hell out of Dodge match. Muta immediately dropkicks the knee but when he tries the dragon leg screw, The Beast plucks him and POWERBOMBS him! Bob Sapp has the worst lariat in history but he is so damn big who cares. They do some arena brawling with Muta using a chair. Muta applies a Short Arm Scissors so Sapp can do the Backlund spot. This is a great example of how insanely strong Backlund is. As Sapp struggles to get Muta up for the slam. I watched this only two hours ago, but the finish stretch has elided in my head. There is MIST~!, Shining Wizards and Powerbombs! Fun spectacle! ***1/4

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2002-11-17-AJPW Wrestle-1] Great Muta vs Bob Sapp