Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-01-19-AJPW Wrestle-1] Bob Sapp vs Ernesto Hoost

Superstar Sleeze

Bob Sapp vs Ernesto Hoost - AJPW-Wrestle-1 01/19/03 Tokyo Dome

Well I think I just witnessed the two greatest entrances of all time. Hoost stole Bob Sapp’s Madonna Holiday entrance complete with dancing J-Pop girls. His dancing was gloriously terrible. All the girls fawn over him. I was like what can Sapp do possibly top this. He fucking floats in like an Angel over the Tokyo Dome dropping Magic Fairy Dust! All the girls Ditch Hoost and flock to Sapp! ALL THE FUCKING STARS FOR THIS!

The peak of Bob Sapp’s shoot career was his two shoot victories over Hoost in K-1 in 2002. Hoost is a Dutch Kickboker with a 99-21 record so seems pretty damn good. Hoost’s take on pro wrestling is it is fighting mixed with entertainment apparently entertainment means dancing. He is totally committed to his shitty dancing. Sapp Bumrushes at the bell which I believe was his actual shoot strategy. Hoost drop toehold and STF which gave me hope for the match, but that soon went away. Sapp Oklahoma Stampede is pretty good and Hoost’s verbal selling is over the top but I think his heart is In the right place. After that match lulls. Sapp gets distracted by Hoost’s Dutch coach who Sapp beats up. Hoost crowns Sapp with a chair and with the world shittiest school boy wins the match.

Don’t watch the match BUT YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE ENTRANCES!!! ******

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2003-01-19-AJPW Wrestle-1] Bob Sapp vs Ernesto Hoost