Pro Wrestling Only

Osamu Kido

Grimmas

Control21 said:

Karl Gotch’s unheralded student and “son.” Kido was a proficient technician and became a staple in NJPW from its conception all the way into the 1980s and 1990s. Kido was also a key piece in the early years of the UWF revolution, participating in its first iteration. Later in the 2000s, Kido would make a stop in Big Mouth Loud and had a hand in training Shinsuke Nakamura in the NJPW dojo. A very underrated wrestler and one that probably merits his own thread based on a very consistent body of work.

Recommended matches -

vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara (9/6/1985)

w/Akira Maeda vs Kengo Kimura & Tatsumi Fujinami (8/5/1986)

w/Keith Haward vs Akira Maeda & Pete Roberts (12/5/1984)

w/Akira Maeda vs Antonio Inoki & Yoshiaki Fujiwara (12/10/1986)

vs Tatsumi Fujinami (2/6/1991)

• 7 months later...

I really liked Kido in UWF 1.0. and if he'd kept on with his weird Catch/shoot hybrid much in the same fashion as Fujiwara I think there'd be more interest there, especially as the scene evolved.

Sadly he came back to NJPW, had a couple of solid tags as recommended above and then kinda vanished into the mid-card vortex where he'd only be used as a reliable and consistent worker when that was needed more than ever. 

Would I like to stick him on a top 100? Oh hell yeah. Sadly he just doesn't have the volume of truly astonishing matches to really even start trying in that regard.