Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-05-05-WEW] Shinya Hashimoto vs Kintato Kanemura

Superstar Sleeze

Shinya Hashimoto vs Kintaro Kanemura - WEW 5/5/03 Exploding Barbed Wire

This is a Kodo Fuyuki memorial match. I read that after the fact. They are having an emotional moment for their friend and co-worker so I don’t want to critique it too much even though I’d say this match leaves a lot to be desired. Kanemura comes out in Fuyuki’s robe. Hashimoto is given Fuyuki’s ashes by his wife and he dives into exploding barbed wire. Hands it to Kanemura and he does the same. This made a lot more sense after I read what’s what. Hashimoto beats the shit out of Kanemura who puts up little to no fight perhaps that’s a tribute to Fuyuki I haven’t seen his matches in a long time. Hashimoto The Destroyer on full display. Kanemura shoves Hashimoto into barbed wire for a third explosion barbed wire baseball bat that goes on for a couple minutes. Hashimoto no-sells kicks his ass. Fourth explosion. DDT, Brainbuster. This did nothing for me but if the friends & family of Kodo Fuyuki were moved that’s what matters. 

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2003-05-05-WEW] Shinya Hashimoto vs Kintato Kanemura