Pro Wrestling Only

[2004-05-30 AJPW] Toshiaki Kawada, Ryuji Hijikata & Nobutaka Araya vs Jamal, Taiyo Kea & TAKA Michinoku

fxnj

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWKqEUY7lOE

This is my first time watching an all-star AJPW tag from the post-split pre-Kawada leaving era, and now I want to see out everything I can. When watching NOAH from this same period, I often find myself annoyed by the uninspired layouts and matches going too long. This match is the opposite of that, delivering a sprint with some cool ideas that doesn't last any longer than it has to. The Kawada/Jamal interactions are awesome and there were parts where Kawada seemed to be hiding a grin at Jamal's crazed foreign monster schtick. The other guys deliver solid go-go-go type action and I enjoyed Taka's goofy attempt to do Kawada style groggy selling during his heat segment. Super memorable finish as well that makes me want to see Kawada/Jamal.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2004-05-30 AJPW] Toshiaki Kawada, Ryuji Hijikata & Nobutaka Araya vs Jamal, Taiyo Kea & TAKA Michinoku