Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-06-20-NOAH] Mitsuharu Misawa, Yoshinari Ogawa, Naomichi Marufuji & Daisuke Ikeda vs Jun Akiyama, Akitoshi Saito, Kentaro Shiga & Yoshinobu Kanemaru

fxnj

Hey, it's a small show NOAH tag that isn't a total disappointment. I was hesitant to check this out as the 6-mans I've seen from this period have tended to settle into rote work. I guess it's the 8-mans that they were trying to get over as the main build-up match format as everyone put in a lot of effort here. Just non-stop action with enough hierarchy play to stop it from feeling like a spotfest. Marufuji and Kanemaru are probably at their best here, just playing the roles of token spot monkeys delivering on well-executed and fast paced juniors exchanges, with no pretentions about being anything more than that. Both teams have fun during their control segments and the finish stretch gives some beautiful chaos. Misawa/Akiyama exchanges were weirdly kept to a minimum, but the commentators explained that Misawa was recovering from a cold, so that's probably why.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2001-06-20-NOAH] Mitsuharu Misawa, Yoshinari Ogawa, Naomichi Marufuji & Daisuke Ikeda vs Jun Akiyama, Akitoshi Saito, Kentaro Shiga & Yoshinobu Kanemaru