Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-04-13-WWF/AJPW Summit] Riki Choshu & Masahiro Chono vs Shinya Hashimoto & Masa Saito

fxnj

I'm not sure why I always had this pegged as a disappointment after watching it a few years ago. This was really good, possibly great. Most of it is just them running through their greatest hits in front of a hot Dome crowd, but that's really all I needed. We get an intense Hash/Choshu starting lock-up, Choshu slowly applying the sasorigatame, Hash and Chono doing a Spaghetti Western staredown before Hash wrecks him with kicks and a hard DDT, Hash and Choshu slapping each other, and Saito standing defiantly while Choshu unloads on him with strikes. If that sounds good to you, you'll dig this. Something that sets this apart a bit is these guys also decided to do a bunch of stiff headbutts on each other, starting with the opening Hash/Choshu lock-up and peppering them throughout the rest of the match. I initially wasn't sure why they'd give each other brain damage on what was basically a dark match, but I noticed a camera guy at ring side, so maybe it was a later decision not to show any of the NJPW matches on TV. Recommended if you don't mind the awful shaky fancam footage this is available as.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1990-04-13-WWF/AJPW Summit] Riki Choshu & Masahiro Chono vs Shinya Hashimoto & Masa Saito