Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-07-12-CMLL] El Satanico & Bestia Salvaje & Black Warrior vs Bronco & Lizmark & Shocker

cad

So while I was watching this, I had to ask myself, "Is this the best 3 vs 3 of 1996?" It ended up falling a bit short of the famous November 29 match, not quite as frenzied or heated, but still a great brawl, the kind that goes six deep with everyone chipping in. Black Warrior doesn't seem to have much of a reputation (good or bad) here, and Bronco was an inconsistent CMLL presence whose daughter might be more famous than he is, so that doesn't necessarily read like a must see central issue. They really went to war though. Warrior beat the shit out of Bronco, and even the mask ripping ended up looking badass, as by the second fall Bronco's mask was not just torn up but also painted red. I really didn't know he could brawl like that. Bronco kept trying to charge back from underneath, and you know that a guy from Monterrey can brawl. Meanwhile Bestia was the perfect third man, mixing up the brawling and the athletic bumping for Shocker, and Satanico was outstanding as the number two. That's not really a role that I associate with him, but he nailed it. For the first two falls it was mostly just solid henchman stuff, like after the first fall when Shocker tried to roll out of the ring and Satanico blocked his exit to deliver more punishment, before he and Lizmark decided that their rivalry was going to have the same intensity as Warrior-Bronco. My favorite part was when Satanico landed a sneak low blow, but Lizmark had the audacity to get his foot on the ropes. Satanico just snapped and started pummeling him in the back of the head. That rivalry has largely been deemed a disappointment, but here's a case of some excellent chemistry between them. I also thought that Lizmark was mostly washed up by this point. Not the case.