Pro Wrestling Only

[1975-10-13-WWWF-MSG] Bruno Sammartino vs Ivan Koloff

Superstar Sleeze

WWWF Heavyweight Champion Bruno Sammartino vs Ivan Koloff - WWF MSG 10/13/75

Clipped to hell but you get about ten minutes. Sounds like this was used on a Coliseum Home Video or Prime Time Wrestling as Gorilla Monsoon is doing commentary and he is peddling lies saying Bruno is trying to regain the championship from the man who beat him. No Bruno is the champion and is trying to get his win back from the man who beat him. This was an easy money match for the WWWF. It drew huge at MSG as expected but would Bruno get his revenge in his first match back or does Uncle Ivan have his number.

It is too clipped to get any sort of rhythm. I didn’t really anything stood out, it was pretty standard Bruno. I have seen a good number of Uncle Ivan matches and enjoy his work against Backlund and in the 80s. Here I thought he was serviceable but no great shakes. Lots of usual 70s Bruno stuff, collision spots, punching, stomping, tests of strength, slamming into the buckles. I liked Bruno back dropping Koloff and immediately working the back into a Bearhug. The finish was Koloff busting Bruno open in the corner -doctor checks on him. Bruno hulks up and unloads on Uncle Ivan with fists of fury! Koloff takes a wild swipe and hits the referee, on purpose or by accident we will never know. Wrestlers flood the ring to break up the melee. The finish was hot. The body of match was solid but the clipping hurt it. 

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1975-10-13-WWWF-MSG] Bruno Sammartino vs Ivan Koloff