Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-02-26-AJPW] Mitsuharu Misawa, Jun Akiyama & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi vs Toshiaki Kawada, Akira Taue & Masanobu Fuchi

fxnj

I put this on just to have something running in the background but they grabbed me pretty quickly with the awesome Akiyama/Fuchi sequence in the beginning and I ended up dropping what I was doing to watch the whole thing. Fuchi is awesome here, looking like he's relishing this as a sadly increasingly rare opportunity to showcase his 6-man tag chops. Watching him stretch the shit out of Akiyama and Kikuchi was the highlight for me. The match is also interesting for being one of the few Misawa/Kawada 6-mans where Kawada is coming in as champ, which leads to Kawada looking a little more confident and Misawa being a little less dismissive of him than usual. We still do get an awesome mic drop moment late in the match, though, with Misawa knocking down Kawada off a single elbow and casually tagging in Akiyama to finish things. Akiyama gives a fun performance as an overmatched young guy and eats a nasty slam from the apron to the outside. Awesome last few minutes with Kawada laying complete destruction to Misawa's team and looking like a badass in the process. Feels like it belongs in the conversation for one of the better Misawa/Kawada 6-mans, though it's understandable why it doesn't get much talk given the quality it survives in isn't that great. I actually have no idea how we even have it when it doesn't look like it aired on TV or was on any comms that I'm aware of.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1995-02-26-AJPW] Mitsuharu Misawa, Jun Akiyama & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi vs Toshiaki Kawada, Akira Taue & Masanobu Fuchi