Pro Wrestling Only

Indy Wrestling in Middle America

CodySave

Midwest indy wrestling news and video update:

We added Tyler Cook and Arya Daivari (Shawn Daivari's really talented younger brother) to the card in the previous post.

1. Illinois-based POWW is holding a really stacked show by their standards at the Odeum in Nov. 13th. Ruff Crossing is taking on TNA's Ken (Kennedy) Anderson, which should be pretty great. Crossing has an awesome name, is really tall by indy standards and does a hell of a good job in the ring. The shows also has Traci Brooks, Serena, Shane Douglas, and DEMOLITION (Ax and Smash teaming together)! Quite the wild lineup for sure.

If you live in Illinois, you should defintiely check POWW out as they essentially tour the state and hold 3-4 shows a month in a handful of different cities, as close to a territorial approach as you'll find in the Midwest. I've seen a handful of POWW wrestlers live and they always do a really impressive job. POWW typically doesn't bring in a bunch of "names", so this show is special treat.

Here's a commercial for their show:

2. Metro Pro Wrestling has uploaded to more match videos from its TV show.

-

- This match is "The Rebel" Jeremy Wyatt vs. Michael Strider, long time rivals. Wyatt is in my estimation the best wrestler nobody's ever heard of - he is simply awesome. He was our champion in 3XW for almost a year and has had phenomenal matches with Tyler Black, Rory Fox, Mark Sterling, and Zach Thompson among others and that was just in 3XW. He wrestles all over the Midwest and recently began working for a promotion in Florida as well. He's definitely a wrestler that people would make a much bigger deal about if he worked in a company like PWG or ROH. My buddy and co-promoter Todd is the ref in this match and he always does a good job with the finer details despite what the goofy play-by-play man thinks.

-

- This is Domino Rivera vs. "The Human Wrecking Ball" Pete Madden. Madden is in his 40s and has worked for a long time, but despite his age, works basically an extreme stunt artist gimmick and always tries to incorporate weapons in bouts. He's fun to watch, but his matches never make a lick of sense psychology-wise. Works for short TV matches because he sells well though.

3. Ricky Kwong Destroys Opposition - If you love watching foreign heels destroy opponents in squash matches, check out this. Watch for the awesome chairshot in the first match and the wild belly-to-belly in the second:

AAW also has a show this coming weekend featuring the return of Austin Aries. They always put out quality wrestling.

Posted Image

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kowking

How come Silas Young hasn't made it beyond the indies and stints in WWE developmental? Every time I see him wrestle here in Illinois, he puts on very good matches. Dude's got a good look, he's fit, he's muscular, and he can do some innovative things out there. I'm not sure I understand his situation, or why more people don't talk about him.

How come Silas Young hasn't made it beyond the indies and stints in WWE developmental? Every time I see him wrestle here in Illinois, he puts on very good matches. Dude's got a good look, he's fit, he's muscular, and he can do some innovative things out there. I'm not sure I understand his situation, or why more people don't talk about him.

Here's a great article that answers some of your questions: http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2009/03/18/8800311.html

As noted, Silas actually did sign a WWE developmental deal in 2007, only to be released shortly afterward due to WWE cutting ties with OVW and going to one developmental fed.

Here's a great article that answers some of your questions: http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2009/03/18/8800311.html

As noted, Silas actually did sign a WWE developmental deal in 2007, only to be released shortly afterward due to WWE cutting ties with OVW and going to one developmental fed.

Guest kowking

Good article.

I was looking at his EVOLVE page and it says this:

5) What is the biggest obstacle or most challenging thing you've ever faced?

Heroin addiction.

Is that what the promoter quoted in that article is referencing?

It really shocked me to read that on his EVOLVE page. It's kind of impressive, actually, that he's able to function so well in the ring considering.

• 3 weeks later...

Info about our upcoming event. Metro Pro Wrestling also posted some more match links and I'll post them if I get a chance in the next few days or you can find them by clicking the links I posted above and find them on their channel.

Posted Image

Wild surprises happened at November Knockout 2! Results here: http://www.3XWrestling.com/results2.htm

3XWrestling - Holiday Havoc 2

Friday - December 3rd, 2010

Des Moines Social Club

1408 Locust St

Des Moines, IA

Doors open 6:45 pm for Advanced ticket holders

Doors open 7 pm for everyone else

Bell time 7:30 pm

Featuring:

3XW Heavyweight championship

Brian Ash vs. Rory Fox ©

3XW Pure Wrestling championship

"The Rockstar" Jimmy Rockwell vs. "The Laotian Sensation" Ricky Kwong © w/Chad Mylan

*By orders of the 3XW Board of Directors, during this match Chad Mylan will be handcuffed to former 3XW President Skylar Pierce!*

Six Man Tag Team match

"The Unbreakable" Zach Thompson & The Horndogs - Maddog McDowell & Krotch

vs.

"The Canadian Sex Icon" Ryan Slade & American Ground & Air - Benjamin Sailer & Nate Bash

More matches to be announced soon!

Also in action: "The Rebel" Jeremy Wyatt, 3XW Tag Team champions - "Delicious" Devin Carter & Casanova w/Todd Countryman, "The American Fury" Jon West, Gage Octane, "The Right Price" Aaron Masterson, Darin Corbin, Shane Hollister & more!

Tickets will be available November 13th, 2010 at:

Jay's CD & Hobby - Tickets will be available at both Jay's stores 3315 SE 14th Street - Des Moines, IA & Merle Hay Mall - Des Moines, IA

also

Cup O' Kryptonite - Fleur Drive - Des Moines, IA

Or online at http://www.3XWrestling.com

Advanced General Admission $12.00

General Admission day of event $15.00

Kids 10 & Under $6.00

Kids 3 & Under FREE admission

Here is Mark Sterling wrestling as an awesome super-intense babyface. 3XW is the only place I can recall he's work face for any period of time in the past 5 years.

To gear up for 3XW's first ever No DQ Ironman match in January between Mark Sterling and "The Rebel" Jeremy Wyatt, this month's Match of the Month features Mark Sterling, with a match showcasing Wyatt to be featured next month.

Two bitter rivals clash in an intense battle months in the making as Mark Sterling takes on his former tag team partner Gage Octane. This match took place at 3XW's "Over The Top" on May 7, 2010. The full event DVD can be purchased at http://www.3XWrestling.com. Commentary provided by Midnight Guthrie and video production courtesy of SEP Video.

• 1 month later...

I hate to come on here and be "that guy" too often and shill something my company does, but we had an extraordinarily special moment at our 3XW show this past Friday.

This past Friday night, 3XWrestling held what I firmly believe will hold up as perhaps the 2011 Match of the Year of all independent companies - "The Rebel" Jeremy Wyatt and Mark Sterling, widely considered two of the top wrestlers in the Midwest, wrestled a whopping 70 minutes in a No DQ 60-minute Ironman match. After coming to a draw after 60 minutes, it was settled after an additional 10 minutes of sudden death overtime. Perhaps the most impressive accomplishment is that the crowd was with them the whole match, never once showing signs of disinterest or boredom and reacting extremely loudly to nearfalls, pins and submissions throughout the bout.

I have been watching wrestling for over 20 years and have seen thousands of matches on video and hundreds in-person and after a few days to reflect, I can say without question it is the greatest wrestling match I've ever seen live.

Video of the bout should be available in a few weeks time at http://www.3XWrestling.com and I think anyone that takes part in any match-of-the-year polls has to see this match.

Guest Paul Kersey

70 minutes is the best your boys can do? Two guys just went 7 hours in Gary Yap's yard!

I really ought to check out 3xw & some of these other feds, something fresh would be fun. If this stuff really is good, hopefully it gets some attention.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll back up CodySave's statement, the Iron Man Match between Jeremy Wyatt and Mark Sterling was an amazing match! Definitely the greatest match I've ever seen live, topping the ladder match at July's 3XW 5th year anniversary show. Both wrestlers did a great job of keeping the crowd into the match. It was very well paced, and didn't drag or slow down. I thought the finishes for the falls were very creative, and both guys came out looking strong.

What I think says a lot about 3XW is how the "little things" really add up. What I mean is that in the year that I've been attending shows, I've probably seen a total of 5 chair shots. When you see something dastardly like a chair shot or a low blow, it really means something. The Iron Man Match was advertised as no DQ, no countout, but there wasn't a bunch of garbage style brawling or weapons. One chair was involved, and one table came out, and they had a purpose. IIRC, it was the only time I've ever seen a table used.

I really recommending picking up this event when it comes out on DVD, along with the 5th year anniversary show and last April's Spring Showdown, featuring Jeremy Wyatt vs. Tyler Black.

Thanks for the kind words vikingsfan73, I really appreciate it. The Black vs. Wyatt match was just picked by http://www.missouriwrestlingrevival.com as the 2010 Match of the Year for the midwest and rightfully so, because it is balls out awesome. We were also fortunate enough to have 3XW picked as Promotion of the Year, which is really an honor.

If you haven't already heard, AAW has a crazy interesting card in Chicago on Feb. 11, featuring MsChif vs. former Saved by the Bell/Celebrity Championship Wrestling/Celebrity Boxing star DUSTIN "SCREECH" DIAMOND! It's their first time in a long time trying a larger Chicagoland venue aside from their monthly events at the Berwyn Eagles Club and they've definitely stacked the card. Check it out:

AAW Heavyweight Championship Match

Silas Young vs. Raven

AAW Heritage Championship Match

Shane Hollister vs. Davey Richards

Steel Cage Match

Irish Airborne vs. Jimmy Jacobs/Dan Lawrence

AAW Tag Team Championship Match

Brett Gakiya/CJ Esparza vs. Kyle O'Reilly/Tony Kozina

Dustin Diamond aka Screech from "Saved By The Bell" vs. MsChif

Joey Eastman vs. Truth Martini

Plus:

Jordan McEntyre/Knight Wagner w/ Eryn

Louis Lyndon

Flip Kendrick

Samuray Del Sol

The Clash

Krotch w/ Scarlett

Mason Beck

Juice Robinson

Now, for what I hope to make a monthly feature in this thread......YOUR MIDWEST WRESTLING VIDEO UPDATE!

Full disclosure time: Yes, I work for 3XW and now work for Metro Pro Wrestling as a modern day Todd Pettingill. However, I'll include anything that's actively good from the Midwest in these updates, because there's LOTS of great footage that deserves more than 300 views on YouTube.

- This is the announcement video for Dustin Diamond in AAW

- This is a recent episode of AWF TV from Minneapolis/St. Paul cable featuring two really great matches - Arya Daivari (brother of Shawn "Khosrow/Sheik Abdul Bashir" Daivari) vs. Ryan Cruz and super-talented Ben Sailer vs. Rob Page. AWF has found success by holding fundraisers for Minnesota-area schools and often feature a popular coach/faculty member on cards (such as the guy manging Sailer in that match). Probably more successful than 90% of indies due to this approach because (I presume) they got paid a set amount up front and the rest of the money goes to the school to buy team uniforms/equipment, etc.

- Metro Pro Wrestling - Crossfit Challenge between Mark Sterling and Sir Bradley Charles. This is really entertaining - Sterling legitimately is the most physically fit human being I've met in my life and much of that is due to the intense Crossfit workouts he does multiple times a day. He actually competes at Crossfit competitions across the Midwest. This segment begins with Sterling challenging a fan from the crowd to a pushup contest, only for the mega-popular SBC to join the mix. SBC is a graduate of Lance Storm's Wrestling Academy and performing quite well for only entering his second year as a pro.

- Metro Pro Wrestling - Heroes for Hire vs. Jeremy Wyatt & Kwong w/ Steven J. Girthy - Fun tag team match featuring Jimmy Rockwell & Zach Thompson challenging Wyatt and Kwong. This is the debut of Heroes for hire and their Green Lantern-themed tights in Metro Pro and the crowd took to them quite well.

- AAW - Johnny Gargano vs. Matt "M-Dogg 20" Cross - JIP, lots of nifty stuff.

We'll finish today with two more 3XW matches featuring Jeremy Wyatt. If you hate the commentary, blame me, because it's me on play-by-play. I'm really happy with how the Fox/Wyatt match turned out, to be honest:

- 3XW Heavyweight title - Jeremy Wyatt vs. Tyler Cook - These two had a really excellent feud featuring lots of memorable moments during 2009 and this intense match from June 2010 encapsulates the history of their feud.

- 3XW Heavyweight title - Jeremy Wyatt vs. Rory Fox - One of my favorite matches from all of 2009 anywhere in pro wrestling. This is thw first match of the fantastic feud Wyatt and Fox had in 3XW in 2009 and 2010. Very exciting match and truly a showcase of Fox and Wyatt's skills. If you recognuize Fox's name, he was featured on MTV: True Life - I'm A Pro Wrestler during the first months of his career. He actually recently retired after 11 years of wrestling all over the country and multiple WWE appearances. He's a tremendously cool dude outside of wrestling and I wish him the best with everything.

If anyone comes across a match they want me to post a link to or have seen in person, please let me know or post in this thread. The whle point of this thread is to expose more people to the beautiful world of pro wrestling.

If you watch any part of any of the above matches, please share your thoughts.

Thanks!

Here's footage of the Ironman match we've been discussing.

Video Updates:

Wyatt vs. Sterling 60 Minute No DQ Ironman match highlight video: This DVD will be available for the first time at the merchandise table this Friday at Reign of Terror II and online next week!

Outside the Ring - February 2011 Edition:

The February 2011 edition recaps the top moments from 3XW Divide & Conquer, including the incredible 60 Min No DQ Ironman match between Jeremy Wyatt & Mark Sterling, the Horndogs tag team title victory and more! Also includes a strong message from former 3XW President Skylar Pierce to Genesis and hypes the upcoming Reign of Terror II event. Production by SEP Video and commentary courtesy of Midnight Guthrie and Chad Mylan. Full event info can be found at http://www.3XWrestling.com

Please support 3XW by sharing these videos on any wrestling websites you visit!

Guest kowking

Thanks for the kind words vikingsfan73, I really appreciate it. The Black vs. Wyatt match was just picked by http://www.missouriwrestlingrevival.com as the 2010 Match of the Year for the midwest and rightfully so, because it is balls out awesome. We were also fortunate enough to have 3XW picked as Promotion of the Year, which is really an honor.

If you haven't already heard, AAW has a crazy interesting card in Chicago on Feb. 11, featuring MsChif vs. former Saved by the Bell/Celebrity Championship Wrestling/Celebrity Boxing star DUSTIN "SCREECH" DIAMOND! It's their first time in a long time trying a larger Chicagoland venue aside from their monthly events at the Berwyn Eagles Club and they've definitely stacked the card. Check it out:

AAW Heavyweight Championship Match

Silas Young vs. Raven

AAW Heritage Championship Match

Shane Hollister vs. Davey Richards

Steel Cage Match

Irish Airborne vs. Jimmy Jacobs/Dan Lawrence

AAW Tag Team Championship Match

Brett Gakiya/CJ Esparza vs. Kyle O'Reilly/Tony Kozina

Dustin Diamond aka Screech from "Saved By The Bell" vs. MsChif

Joey Eastman vs. Truth Martini

Plus:

Jordan McEntyre/Knight Wagner w/ Eryn

Louis Lyndon

Flip Kendrick

Samuray Del Sol

The Clash

Krotch w/ Scarlett

Mason Beck

Juice Robinson

The only thing on there I see as being stacked is Davey, who I don't recall coming to AAW before. But Raven -- how much does he really draw these day? And I'm not going to pretend that there are people out there interested in seeing Screech.

• 4 weeks later...

Midwest Wrestling Video Update - Late February edition!

Hooray for weekend wrestling viewing!

By the way - AAW (Chicago) drew 475 PAID for the show I mentioned above. That's a huge jump from the usual 225-250 they get at their normal venue, so props to them. We always feel successful when we get 175 here in Des Moines, so 475 would be a dream scenario.

And here's some videos from the show. You'll see that they literally fit fans everywhere they could:

1. Dustin "Screech" Diamond and Joel Gertner wage a war of words:

2. Joey Eastman vs. Truth Martini - MANAGER'S BATTLE! Dave Prazak shows up to commentate:

3. "The Human Massacre" Keith Walker vs. Darin Corbin:

4. AWF Saturday Night Slam (Minneapolis) with a nifty match between "The Anarchist" Arik Cannon and "6% Body Fat" Rob James:

5. AWF Saturday Night Slam - Hilarious surprise about 18 minutes in and one that school will talk about for years. Really, it's funny that they were promoting that SHEIK ADNAN AL-KAISSIE was actually going to wrestle in 2011!:

6. Metro Pro Wrestling (Kansas City) - Awesome squash match featuring Bull Schmitt facing Jimmy Rockwell:

7. Metro Pro Wrestling - Trevor Murdock facing Derek Stone in a Last Man Standing match for the strap!:

8. 3XWrestling (Des Moines) - Devin Carter vs. Casanova in a Lumberjack match from 2008 with a wild superplex spot. One of my first attempts at commentary and thankfully I've improved:

9. 3XW - New episode of Outside the Ring featuring our newest wrestler The Mauler destroying his opponent and awesome promos from Chad Mylan and Maddog McDowell & Krotch:

10. GALLI (Chicago) - Lucha Libre from Chicago. 4-Way with Shiima Xion, Mr 450 Hammet, Samuray Del Sol and Emperador:

11. AAW - Just happened upon this - Arik Cannon vs. Samuary Del Sol. Del Sol is definitely one to watch for as he does a ton of cool lucha moves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r361rL20xSM

- This is a recent episode of AWF TV from Minneapolis/St. Paul cable featuring two really great matches - Arya Daivari (brother of Shawn "Khosrow/Sheik Abdul Bashir" Daivari) vs. Ryan Cruz and super-talented Ben Sailer vs. Rob Page. AWF has found success by holding fundraisers for Minnesota-area schools and often feature a popular coach/faculty member on cards (such as the guy manging Sailer in that match). Probably more successful than 90% of indies due to this approach because (I presume) they got paid a set amount up front and the rest of the money goes to the school to buy team uniforms/equipment, etc.

You didn't mention that Mick Karch does the AWF commentary. Awesome! The AWF show is really nicely put together.

Cruz vs. Daivari and Sailer vs. Page are both good matches too, btw. :) It's weird seeing Sailer as a face after his slow building heel turn in 3XW over the past year.

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHZG63C-vX8 - This is a recent episode of AWF TV from Minneapolis/St. Paul cable featuring two really great matches - Arya Daivari (brother of Shawn "Khosrow/Sheik Abdul Bashir" Daivari) vs. Ryan Cruz and super-talented Ben Sailer vs. Rob Page. AWF has found success by holding fundraisers for Minnesota-area schools and often feature a popular coach/faculty member on cards (such as the guy manging Sailer in that match). Probably more successful than 90% of indies due to this approach because (I presume) they got paid a set amount up front and the rest of the money goes to the school to buy team uniforms/equipment, etc.

You didn't mention that Mick Karch does the AWF commentary. Awesome! The AWF show is really nicely put together.

Cruz vs. Daivari and Sailer vs. Page are both good matches too, btw. :) It's weird seeing Sailer as a face after his slow building heel turn in 3XW over the past year.

Ha, scratch that, it was Sailer vs. Rob James. Rob Page is a very good, small referee also from Minnesota.

• 2 months later...

More Midwest wrestling videos:

1. 3XW (Des Moines) - "Delicious" Devin Carter & Casanova vs. American Ground & Air (Ben Sailer & Nate Bash) - Sept 2010 -

This is a really solid 3XW Tag Team championship match that I think any tag team wrestling fan will really enjoy. Two long-time Midwest teams. This bout took place as part of 3XW's Clobberplaooza Classic 3 event on Sept. 3, 2010 in Des Moines, Iowa. Full event DVD available at http://www.3XWrestling.com. Commentary by Midnight Guthrie & Skylar Pierce and production courtesy of SEP Video.

2. 3XW (Des Moines) - Brian Ash vs. "The Unbreakable" Zach Thompson - Jan 2011 -

Brian Ash's first defense of his third reign with the 3XW Heavyweight title is against "The Unbreakable" Zach Thompson, who was actually trained by Ash. Ash and Thompson viciously feuded throughout the second half of 2010, but this is their first encounter with a championship thrown in the mix. This match was part of 3XW's "Divide & Conquer" event from Jan 7, 2011 at the Des Moines Social Club in Des Moines, Iowa. Commentary by Midnight Guthrie & Chad Mylan and production by SEP Video. This event also features an insane No DQ Ironman match, highlights of which can be see here:

3. AWF (Minneapolis) Saturday Night Slam Episode 40 - Arik Cannon vs. Sammy Savard and Ben Sailer/Ryan Cruz vs. Aaron Corbin/John Johnson - aired March 12, 2011 -

AWF is a Minnesota indy that specializes in running family-friendly "good guys vs bad guys" shows at schools as fundraisers. They have a weekly TV show Saturday night at 11 p.m. on Minneapolis station KSTC-45. I picked this show in particular because it features Cannon, who definitely is a love/hate guy based on the "indyriffic" work that is most people's only exposure to him. In this match, however, he plays a fired-up babyface against Savard, who looks like Buzz Sawyer and is a much more traditional wrestling heel (and once was squashed by The Boogeyman on an episode of WWE's ECW). It's definitely out of the normal "element" that many people see Cannon and I think people will be interested in the results. And "The Anarchist" hilariously enters the ring to the strains of The Outfield's "Your Love." The tag team match is a ton of fun as well and features some great moves. And Mick Karch is awesome levels of excited on commentary and Rob Page is an excellent ref.

4. Metro Pro Wrestling (Kansas City) Episode 28 - Maddog McDowell vs. Jeremy Wyatt (with Kwong & Steve J. Girthy) - taped March 2011 -

5. Metro Pro Wrestling (Kansas City) Episode 29 - Jimmy Rockwell/Maddog McDowell vs. Trevor Murdock/Bull Schmitt - taped March 2011 -

Wyatt is definitely one of the best all-around guys in the Midwest and Maddog is an excellent big-man wrestler that plays to the crowd really well. Wyatt is an amazing heel with great charisma in a live setting, with an aura about him that doesn't always translates on video where often crowd noise is more muted. Rockwell sells really well and plays a good babyface-in-peril. Trevor and Bull make a good intimidating country-boy heel team. Todd Countryman is the ref in both these bouts and is a very solid hand that lets the wrestlers be the show.

As a combined group, the Metro fans are also probably the strangest group in the entire Midwest, and often have more gimmicks than the wrestlers on the show (there's a contingent of masked fans, a fan that brings a shopping cart with a toilet and a mannequin, a LOUD group of friends of one wrestler that always have vulgar signs like "(WRESTLER'S NAME) Has AIDS!!!", among other examples.)

Other Midwest news:

- AAW (Chicago) is doing another major event at 115 Bourbon St on May 13 and it's an iPPV taping. Their first event there drew about 425 fans, way above their typical 200-plus at the Berwyn Eagles Club. Three matches from that event (Shane Hollister vs. Davey Richards, Silas Young vs. Raven, Kyle O'Reilly/Juice Robinson vs. Zero Gravity) are available for free viewing at gofightlive.tv as a means of promoting future iPPVs. On video, the bar is definitely an unique setting for wrestling.

The May 13 event features Sabu and the BWO (Blue Meanie, Stevie Richards, Nova) in action and special appearance and major announcement by Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins. Shane Douglas is also appearing. The announced matches are Jimmy Jacobs vs. Arik Cannon, Alex Shelley vs. Michael Elgin, Irish Airborne vs. Zero Gravity in a ladder match.

This event originally was supposed to have Scott Hall, Dennis Rodman and Justin Credible, but Rodman is being inducted into the NBA Hall of Fame and has obligations with that. Credible missed his booking with AAW last month and Hall's troubles are plenty publicized.

Sabu's a legend. Put him on any card and I know I'll be there watching.

"AAW Heritage Championship Match

Shane Hollister vs. Davey Richards"

Now unless they had two title matches, I have seen this and it is an excellent match. If one loses their stomach due to viciousness though, you might want to stay away. An all out slobberknocker as JR might say. It just escalates and escalates.

Sabu's a legend. Put him on any card and I know I'll be there watching.

"AAW Heritage Championship Match

Shane Hollister vs. Davey Richards"

Now unless they had two title matches, I have seen this and it is an excellent match. If one loses their stomach due to viciousness though, you might want to stay away. An all out slobberknocker as JR might say. It just escalates and escalates.

I believe they've just had one match, at AAW's first Bourbon Street show (which is the one available for free (with registration) for anyone to view at Go Fight Live). If you like Davey Richards, you'll love the match. If you dislike Davey Richards, you might not be such a fan. It's very much Shane Hollister adjusting to wrestle Davey Richards in a "sterotypical" Davey Richards match.

I imagine in a live setting, the strikes come off as super vicious, because they already come off very stiff on video.

As for AAW booking guys like Sabu - they've begun doing shows every few months at 115 Bourbon Street, which is a venue about three times as large as their home base at the Berwyn Eagles Club. To help fill the place, they are beginning a trend of booking bigger name wrestlers/celebrities to be at these shows, along with feud-ending gimmick matches with their regular talent. It worked the first time with guys like Dustin Diamond and Raven, as they did have triple their regular crowd.

One drawback I noticed, however, is that with more fans that aren't AAW "regulars", the crowd at Bourbon Street actually comes across quieter than the Berwyn crowds because the majority of fans aren't reacting to the normal AAW talents due to lack of previous exposure and mostly only react to the names brought in. Though, this could also be the acoustics of the venue and production equipment not accurately picking up non-commentary noise.

Was anyone at the first Bourbon Street show that can speak to this?

• 1 month later...

New episode of 3XW Outside the Ring:

The June 2011 edition recaps action from 3XW Over the Top 2 and previews the upcoming Downtown Destruction 3 event. Production by SEP Video and commentary courtesy of Midnight Guthrie and "The Right Price" Aaron Masterson. Full event info can be found at http://www.3XWrestling.com

Ryan Slade vs. AJ Smooth

This month's Match of the Month is a first-time battle between two former partners - "Sexier" AJ Smooth vs. "Smoother" Ryan Slade! What will happen when these two square off in 3XW's first-ever "Sideburns vs. Sideburns" match at "Downtown Destruction 3"?

Formerly the team of "Sexy & Smooth", these former tag team partners face each other one-on-one for the first time in this bout from 3XW's "Last One on Locust" event. This match took place March 4, 2011 at the Des Moines Social Club in Des Moines, Iowa, with commentary by Midnight Guthrie & Gage Octane and footage courtesy of SEP Video. Fresh off Smooth's recent appearance on WWE Smackdown, these rivals will square off in 3XW's first-ever Sideburns vs. Sideburns match on June 24, 2011 at 3XW's Downtown Destruction 3 event at All Play in Des Moines. For more info, vist http://www.3XWrestling.com

3XW Downtown Destruction 3 Results - Des Moines, Iowa - June 24, 2011

RESULTS:

For those in attendance - what were your favorite bouts?

Genesis made a major impact all night, lots of teamwork and interference in their bouts. Lots of excellent wrestling action throughout the evening.

0. Pre-show bonus match: Knight Wagner pinned Sparrow following a scissors kick. Knight use a lot of fun tactics throughout the bout, including forcing an angry Sparrow to dance.

1. Mark Sterling pinned the MMA's Ricky Kwong w/ Chad Mylan after a spear. Following the bout, Zach Thompson attacked Sterling with the briefcase, only for Sterling to chase him out of the arena.

2. Sir Bradley Charles beat Tony Sly by DQ after Sly hit SBC witha low blow

All Genesis members in the building (Todd Countryman, Steve Biley, Brian Ash, Gage Octane, Zach Thompson, Ben Sailer, Nate Bash, AJ Smooth, Tony Sly) came out for a promo. Gage Octane started to crack some jokes, but Brian Ash threatened Octane and lit a fire under the group, saying it was time to get serious and start taking out 3XW's stars.

3. The Mauler w/ Chad Mylan pinned Jon West after a devastating piledriver and then bodyslammed him on the floor following the match.

4. Brian Ash successfully defended the 3XW Heavyweight title over Maddog McDowell in a wild brawl that went all over the arena. Ash pinned McDowell with a corner-assisted Devastator following a distraction by the MMA.

5. Sideburns vs. Sideburns - AJ Smooth pinned Ryan Slade after cracking him with the Canadian flagpole as Tony Sly distracted the referee. Sly held Slade as Smooth shaved off Slade's sideburns following the bout.

6. Zach Thompson successfully defended the 3XW Pure Wrestling title over Jimmy Rockwell by pinfall after spiking Rockwell with a devastating piledriver-style move following Rockwell being distracted by Casanova.

7. Genesis Gauntlet - In a phenomenal effort, Jeremy Wyatt defeated Genesis members Gage Octane, Steve Biley, and Casanova in three straight matches, forcing all three men to submit to the crossface submission. Following the match, all 9 Genesis members surrounded all the exit doors in the building and closed in on the ring. Always a fighter, Wyatt invited the battle, and Genesis laid down a savage assault on the No. 1 contender to the Heavyweight title. With the win, 3XW Commissioner Todd Countryman - the leader of Genesis - is banned from the building at July's 6th Anniversary Event.

8. Tag Team Titles Tournament Finals - American Ground & Air (Ben Sailer & Nate Bash) defeated Darin Corbin & Arik Cannon by pinfall after Sailer hit Cannon with a BenGERMAN Suplex. Former 3XW Senior Official Steve Biley - still a licensed official - counted the fall after referee Jeromy Robb had been assaulted by Todd Countryman when it looked like Corbin and Cannon had the match won. A really wild series of events in the final minutes of the bout, including Corbin moonsaulting off the top rope onto six Genesis members on the arena floor.

http://www.3XWrestling.com