Pro Wrestling Only

WHEN: Your favorite time period for wrestling

Loss

Guest The Metal Maniac

I started watching wrestling right around Survivor Series '93, and I've watched it pretty consistently since then. I think I lucked out though, because it seems, to me anyway, that wrestling matured at about the same rate I did.

Like, I would have been about 10 at the time. So I got to experience the Diesel era while I was still enough of a kid to not really care that Diesel wasn't a good worker, because goddamn it, Diesel was COOL.

But by the time I started growing out of that kind of thing and realizing that wrestling was pretty cheesy, the nWo rolled around (I had never really watched WCW until that point) and wrestling in general just seemed to get a bit more mature. More violent, less cartooney, you know how it is. So I think I was kinda lucky in that respect.

That said, I think '98-'00 WWF was my favourite overall era, most especially '00. Those were the first years I could actually watch PPV's, and I saw all of 2000's, and they were pretty much all good. Combine that with good storylines and HHH still being fresh, and I loved it.

ECW 1995. While the other promotions were pushing crap, I got to see Eddy/Malenko, Misterio/Psicosis, Raven/Dreamer, Sandman/Mikey, the Cactus Jack "Anti-Hardcore" Promos, Steve Austin's "Monday Nyquil" parodies, Snow/Benoit, Sabu & Tasmaniac/Public Enemy, and a LOT of other good stuff, all on free television. It was an exciting time to be a wrestling fan.