Pro Wrestling Only

Austin Aries retiring?

Guest kowking

Guest kowking

Aries was rejected for Tough Enough apparently and these went up on his Twitter over the weekend

Apparently not big, young, or tough enough. While it's been amazing, the AA chapter of my life may be coming to an end very soon.

@ThaSpiderIsKing U think ROH is where it's at, but it's not where any $$'s at. Hardest buck to earn in rasslin. Been there, done that.

This is called the buisness for a reason. Its not about beating myself up for pennies just so idiots like you can think I'm cool. And stop texting with you toes. RT @ThaSpiderIsKing: @austinaries u left and sold out so do u man i don't care for u nomore u were cool 2 me not nomore Evolve,ROH go 2 WWE left Vince screw u

Kind and encouraging words are nice, but really this is something I've been thinkin on for awhile...

...When it stops being fun and becomes a grind, you have to step back and re-evaluate everything, especially as it relates to the future.

dude's too good :(

Aries was rejected for Tough Enough apparently and these went up on his Twitter over the weekend

Apparently not big, young, or tough enough. While it's been amazing, the AA chapter of my life may be coming to an end very soon.

@ThaSpiderIsKing U think ROH is where it's at, but it's not where any $$'s at. Hardest buck to earn in rasslin. Been there, done that.

This is called the buisness for a reason. Its not about beating myself up for pennies just so idiots like you can think I'm cool. And stop texting with you toes. RT @ThaSpiderIsKing: @austinaries u left and sold out so do u man i don't care for u nomore u were cool 2 me not nomore Evolve,ROH go 2 WWE left Vince screw u

Kind and encouraging words are nice, but really this is something I've been thinkin on for awhile...

...When it stops being fun and becomes a grind, you have to step back and re-evaluate everything, especially as it relates to the future.

dude's too good :(

Sucks for him, but why do indy guys keep getting surprised that they're too small for WWE? It's not like it's some big secret that Vince marks for big jacked up guys.

Honestly... he's 5 foot 9, 200 pounds, and 32 years old. What did he expect? The only way you're getting in with that size is if you have charisma like Punk or a rep for being a world class worker like Danielson. Aries has neither of those traits.

Sucks for him, but why do indy guys keep getting surprised that they're too small for WWE? It's not like it's some big secret that Vince marks for big jacked up guys.

Honestly... he's 5 foot 9, 200 pounds, and 32 years old. What did he expect? The only way you're getting in with that size is if you have charisma like Punk or a rep for being a world class worker like Danielson. Aries has neither of those traits.

He is also ex ROH & TNA, hardly a rookie for Tough Enough