Pro Wrestling Only

Your dream card

NintendoLogic

I just realized I used Meng twice. Not only am I screwing up the point of the note but I'm overusing Meng. I kind of want to do something else. I was looking at 85 NWA but it's almost too easy and other stuff, like Mid South just doesn't have the roster depth, while later WCW has TOO much. I could probably put together a great Pro Wrestling USA card though.

My AWA card from 1981. Matches go from opener to Main Event:

Brad Rheingans vs. Steve Regal (2/20/81, Mpls)--I believe this is the pro debut of Brad Rheingans, or very close to it.

Ray Stevens vs. Billy Robinson (9/13/81, Minneapolis): Both are a little long in the tooth but not long enough that this isn't fun to watch.

John Studd vs. Baron Von Raschke (early 1981, Minneapolis): Baron's re-debut as the paid assassin of Mad Dog Vachon, hurt a month before by Studd and Blackwell. Baron's re-debut promo might be the second or third best non-Bock/Heenan interview of the 80's in the AWA...I bet people ran down to the box office to get tickets after seeing it on TV. Seriously.

Jerry Blackwell vs. Hulk Hogan (Minneapolis 10/4/1981, Bodyslam challenge): Hogan cemented his face turn by saving Brad Rheingans from Blackwell a month earlier. Heat is off the charts here.

High Flyers (champs) vs. Adrian Adonis/Jesse Ventura (non-title cage match, Fall 1981,St. Paul). the AWA titles were never allowed to be defended in the cage back then, so this being a non-title bout was all about bloodlust and revenge. Adrian Adonis cage dive = must see.

Nick Bockwinkel (AWA Champion) vs. Sheik Kaissie (NO DQ- Raschke Ref, 9/13/81 Minneapolis): Another non-title match, all about pure hatred and revenge. Heenan gets bloodied by Kaissie before the match and has to leave ringside.

AWA $50,000 Battleroyal (October 25, 1981, Mpls.): The annual fall battleroyal is always fun, and AWA battleroyals often went fifteen minutes before anyone got eliminated, which allowed for some great pairings and fun little spots. All the big guns are in this one, too.