Pro Wrestling Only

Mat Mania, Mat Results & More

GSR

I've run this past Loss who has given me the OK to post this.

I know there are some people on here who are also members of beejmi's board so they will be fully aware of this, but for those who aren't here goes. Basically, Jason Campbell has slowly been scanning and uploading a ton of old newsletters from the 60s up to the 90s. He has a thread over on beejmi's board which he updates saying when he has scanned new stuff and what he has added. This will have been a very lengthy and tiresome process, and one which he has been doing FOR FREE, and not asking anyone a cent for. I have seen on a couple of boards now that people are starting to sell Jason's scans, which I think is pretty outrageous seeing that he has been doing this gratis and everything he has scanned is already online.

So, before anyone on here gets caught out and forks out money for this stuff, here is the link to the google docs site that Jason has been uploading everything to

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0Bwz_9MY5f...NWIw/edit?pli=1

There is way too much to list but includes the likes of Burt Ray's Mat Mania, Bob Closson & Jay Steele's Mat Results, a load of old Terry Robert Justice newsletters, misc results sheets and a ton more.

• 1 month later...

There is a ton of stuff there, most of it I've never heard of before and can't find much info on via google.......could anybody recommend a good place to start?

I'd be most interested in 80's proto dirt sheets, but any early-mid 80's kayfabe roundup/fanclub/newsletter type of stuff for specific regions or territories would be up my alley

There is a ton of stuff there, most of it I've never heard of before and can't find much info on via google.......could anybody recommend a good place to start I'd be most interested in 80's proto dirt sheets, but any early-mid 80's kayfabe roundup/fanclub/newsletter type of stuff for specific regions or territories would be up my alley

I'd recommend Mat Results to you. From what I can gather it was probably the number two newsletter (behind the Observer) while it was in existence; tons of news that is done territory by territory, clippings, hundreds of results from all over the US and abroad, wrestler profiles, letters page etc. I spent a fair bit of money getting back issues of this newsletter from Grant Zwarych (the guy who does the Observer back issues) around 7 or 8 years ago and do have some additional issues that Jason doesn't. It was my intention to scan those, but I just don't really have the time at the moment.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...