Pro Wrestling Only

Round #1, Third four matches

Loss

Vote for the team that you feel had the best run as a tag team from 1985 to 2005. Voting will last approximately 24 hours and the winner of each match will advance to the second round. Because the goal of the tournament is to promote discussion, please feel free to explain how you came to your decision as much as possible.

Match #9 - Edge & Rey Misterio Jr v Raven & Perry Saturn

Match #10 - Eliminators v Shawn Michaels & Diesel

Match #11 - Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes & Garvin) v Smoking Gunns

Match #12 - Gangstas v Strike Force

Guest teke184

I'd have to go with Edge and Rey because they were involved in quite a few MOTYCs duing that great Smackdown Six run while Raven and Perry only had one great match that I can think of.

Eliminators. Michaels and Diesel were an on-again off-again team that took a backseat to their singles careers.

Smoking Gunns. Both of these teams suck, but I think that the Gunns were actually involved in one good match at some point.

Strike Force. I don't consider the Gangstas to be wrestlers because New Jack was too dependant on garbage brawling instead of wrestling.

I can only think of one standout match each team had, and I think the No Mercy tag is horribly overrated, but remain a big fan of the Spring Stampede match Raven and Saturn had. For that reason, I'm going with them.

Raven & Perry Saturn

Eliminators were hacks and I hated most of their matches while I can point to the tag against Razor and Kid and call it one of the best WWF matches ever done.

Shawn Michaels & Diesel

Hayes and Garvin were horrible, horrible, horrible. The Gunns weren't even really good, but they were decent, and they got a lot of shit at the time that they didn't fully deserve.

Smoking Gunns

Easy choice. Strike Force were a good tag team that had good matches with a variety of teams. The Gangstas? Not so much.

Strike Force

Tough call here. Both teams didn't have much in the way of long runs. Edge & Rey may have had more quality matches, but I don't think a lot of the Smackdown Six matches are/were as great as many people remembered them being. Raven & Saturn still have their match with Benoit & Malenko to their credit, though. I'll go with Raven & Saturn, because both Edge & Rey have been on more significant tag teams than when they were with each other, while Raven & Saturn, as a team, may arguably have been both guys' peaks as far as tag team wrestling goes, including the days of the Eliminators.

Raven & Perry Saturn

Going with the Eliminators here, even though I'm not a huge fan of the team (I like their finisher, but not much else after that). My choice here is how HBK & Diesel managed to bury the titles when they had them and never lost them, IIRC. That seems to happen a lot on Kevin Nash tag teams. Eliminators matches in ECW were never great, but they never shat on their tag division either.

Eliminators

Neither of these two teams do anything for me (this version of the Freebirds is a joke compared to the original three). Not a big of fan of Bart and Billy, but they win out here because they had a decent run from '93 to '96. I'll take the team that had a decent run over a team that almost completely killed a revolutionary gimmick in wrestling from the late 70s and 80s.

Smoking Gunns

Strike Force, easily. Santana and Martel blow away both Gangstas as far as work goes, and had some decent->good matches as well. Definitely not a fan of Mustafa, and New Jack is absolute farce to the wrestling world.

Strike Force

Guest Some Guy

Saturn and Raven. I always liked how they worked together and Eddy and Rey weren't really together long enough

HBK and Nash. The Eliminater were good spot workers but they're was never any substance to their matches.

The Freebirds. I hate the Smoking Gunns.

Strike Force. New Jack was a better talker than either Martel or Tito but Strike Force's work was way better.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Raven & Perry Saturn

I never felt like Edge and Rey were a real team.

Eliminators

You know why.

Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes & Garvin)

In a battle of the bland and useless, FF win for having Hayes to talk for them.

Strike Force

Girls In Cars.