Pro Wrestling Only

Chris Masters

shoe

Masters recently did an interview. One of the questions asked was what his best match was. He mentioned his Superstars match from 2011 with McIntyre. I thought that was pretty cool since Dylan Waco has long pimped it as a match to show Masters as a good workers.

That is really awesome. Where was the interview? Masters had a ton of good matches over a 20-month or so period. Superstars in general was a great show and he was consistently the highlight of it. There was a period of time where he had a good match with just about every mid-carder/undercard worker on the roster, and was the best guy in virtually everyone of those matches.

Masters has been putting that match over since it happened. He even posted a YouTube link to it on twitter around when he got released.

What's he up to these days? Did TNA ever pick him up?

Chris Masters was doing the Ring Ka King show in India (in conjunction with TNA) for a while. He had a try out with TNA, but I think CMLL just picked him up.

If TNA had any brains, Masters could easily be a Sting circa 1995-like babyface who you base your brand around, IMO.

He can be really good as a heel too, but I agree his best stuff is as a face. His post-WWE work has been limited. He had a fun heel carry job performance on that Dreamer promoted show I just reviewed. I also thought he had a fun performance in a triple threat from Europe last year. He's had at least one fun indy match I can recall off the top of my head where he worked face, but he worked on top for most of it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Aw nice to see some love for Masters here. I thought he had such potential as a big star. Plus its always a well, plus to have a phsyique like that in my book. As a big HBK 2nd run fan I always liked the Unforgiven '05 match they had. Chris looked like such a beast when he powerbombed HBK into the post.

It was comical when Mr. Growth Hormone Levasque called him out on his Wellness bust. Real professional as always.

I think had they given Chris the Sheamus push, powerboming jobbers on the floor & beating Cena, that he would have worked his way into a top spot.

I wish they would have gotten behind him the way they did Sheamus as a babyface. Masters would have done great having long PPV matches for the World Title and I don't think they could have done as many lame things to his character.

• 3 months later...

Masters needs to start popping up in more of these indy feds that let guys tape their stuff and put it on YouTube because they don't care. More Masters the better. He put on a real good match with Lance Hoyt in Traditional Championship Wrestling. He's too good to NOT be seen on a somewhat regular basis.

I still don't understand how he didn't get a spot on Aces and Eights. I'd have definitely gone for him over Mike Knox. It's not like he isn't also a big imposing dude. I don't really care to see Chris Masters work as a heel, but I'd like for the guy to get a steady job somewhere.