Pro Wrestling Only

Candido and Pritchard, could they have made it?

Smack2k

Do you think a few years later, or earlier, or even with a different gimmick, Candido and Pritchard could have made it as a tag team that would be remembered today as great? This of course without the Bodydonnas gimmick, but even with Sunny still with them.

Candido and Sunny as their SMW roles and Pritchard as Dr. Tom, with a completely different gimmick in say 1996 or later?

1995 WWF was wrong place wrong time. They had the potential to be a really great tag team. Put them in ECW circa 95 and they would have looked like all time greats

I did find the act amusing, however. Sunny was such a great heel manager, and they brought in "Rad Radford" as the sleezy hanger on, lol

I actually think the Bodydonnas wasn't that bad of a gimmick. They had Sunny, they got title reigns and they weren't any more silly than The Godwinns or Smoking Gunns. It wasn't a serious time period in the WWF, and they were probably the best team of the period.

Could they have done better as a more serious team somewhere else in 1995? I'm not really sure. I don't think they'd have fit in ECW at the time and don't see them doing much better in WCW's tag division either.

I also think the 1995 ECW would have worked, as they still had many different types of wrestlilng going on and these three could have brought another flare. Candido did end up having a really good run there and Pritchard was in some nasty feuds down south and hang in with anyone..

I just think about them coming to WWF in late '96 as themselves with Tammy, against Bulldog / Owen, Furnas / Lafon, and you now have 3 decent teams in there as well as the other teams in 97 like the Godwinns, Rockers, Nation of Domination (they could tag (Crush and Savio), LOD came in March 1997, even Vader and Mankind could have tagged as heels for a few more months from Feb - June, even with Mankind getting the title shot before he got into the feud with Helmsley...

I dont know, I know that era was getting better each month as 97 went on, but they could have been another great team in there that could have made the division a little better instead of becoming a trophy for two main eventers by the middle of the year.