Pro Wrestling Only

The "true nature" of Stalker Barry Windham

JMFabianoRPL

I'd think the worst thing for Jake would be getting anywhere near a locker room right now.

Yeah but I would imagine WWE locker rooms now are practically churches compared to what he's seen.

I agree with this. I interviewed Jimmy Jacobs for a Highspots project 4-5 months ago and he said all the guys he knows who are there talk about how the road is boring nowadays - nobody parties at all, they just play with their iPads and watch movies and stuff like that.

Guest Staples

I'd think the worst thing for Jake would be getting anywhere near a locker room right now.

Yeah but I would imagine WWE locker rooms now are practically churches compared to what he's seen.

I agree with this. I interviewed Jimmy Jacobs for a Highspots project 4-5 months ago and he said all the guys he knows who are there talk about how the road is boring nowadays - nobody parties at all, they just play with their iPads and watch movies and stuff like that.

Reminds me of this article by Bix: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/905233-...t-valid-in-2011

You may have been worked, friend. I don't think Jacobs is going to bury his friends by saying they do drugs with the wellness policy still in effect.

I read this elsewhere, these are NOT my comments as I have no idea, but after reading the blog I did some digging & saw this comment, maybe it makes more sense & is a bit more realistic..:

The Stalker was originally meant to be a heel. When he first came on the scene, he began stalking Sable at ringside during Mark Mero matches. This was leading to a Wildman/Stalker feud. The Stalker was even slated to abduct Sable at knife-point on RAW.

Mark Merro didn't like the idea of his real-life wife being involved in such a storyline. He refused to continue the angle and The Stalker was randomly turned face. Just thought I'd clear that up for those who were not watching at the time.

Reminds me of this article by Bix: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/905233-...t-valid-in-2011

You may have been worked, friend. I don't think Jacobs is going to bury his friends by saying they do drugs with the wellness policy still in effect.

I kind of forgot about that. Shaun Assael even replied to my email about it. He understood why people were upset and agreed he could've handled it much better but he needed a way to quickly explain that the drug culture used to be much worse.

It's worth noting that they teased a lesbian angle with Marlena lusting after Sable around this time period too.

Scrapped because of/thanks to Bret Hart, who was in negociation to re-sign with WWF at this time. I also remember Mankind acting like Marlena was his mommy or something. Never went anywhere, sadly, could have been awesome, I guess.

It was actually Sable he was claiming was his "mommy". The brief period where Goldust and Mankind were paired in summer 96 was creepily awesome.

IIRC the Sable/Marlena lesbian tease only lasted one RAW and was never mentioned again. Terri Runnels never said no to an angle so it was most likely the Meros

the angle took place on the July 1, 1996 edition of RAW

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xihkhi_go...=2#.UeCx4m1uNdg

Guest Staples

I kind of forgot about that. Shaun Assael even replied to my email about it. He understood why people were upset and agreed he could've handled it much better but he needed a way to quickly explain that the drug culture used to be much worse.

I agree that it used to be much worse. For all the flak Vince (deservedly) gets, you don't see guys hammered on TV like Hennig or Scott Hall.