Pro Wrestling Only

Global on ESPN

Smack2k

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like ESPN Classic has started airing "new" episodes right now. I believe it is from the era of Manny Fernandez as booker. So far I've seen the Mike Davis to the moon angle, the Manuel Villalobos (sp?) angle, and the Tatum/Victory pizza angle. As far as I know, none of this had aired before on ESPN Classic.

• 1 month later...

Over the last couple days ESPN Classic aired a few of the USWA Texas episodes intertwined with the normal GWF episodes. They have shown some fun matches with Embry, Pritchard, Austin, Dundee, Gary Young, Jarret. They even had an Embry/Lawler cage match, which I'd never seen before.

• 3 weeks later...

Where's the Kerry Von Erich episodes or shows w/ Chris Adams? Cmon ESPN Classic....

I think by the time Adams was active there, they lost the ESPN show and were only in syndication. Since ESPN can only use shows that were on ESPN, I doubt you'll see those. Kerry did appear as a commentator on an ESPN show, but I am not sure if any of his GWF matches actually aired anywhere.