Pro Wrestling Only

Global on ESPN

Smack2k

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they air it in HD in the US? ESPN Classics Canada (which will likely carry this) is only in SD, which absolutely blows.

With all the grainy low VQ wrestling footage we have all watched over the years is the lack of HD really an issue? The first time I watched Puro it was on some eight hour video tape I had lent off a friend, where is constantly seemed like snow was falling down the screen and the sound would intermittently cut out.

Not sure what the benefits of an HD channel of ESPN classic since 90% of the stuff not beginning with 30 for 30 on the title was before HD got big. Those big letterboxes are annoying.

Hopefully we get the early Global and not the end of the territory version where Chaz vs Mike Davis was the top feud

One big difference is sound quality. If my TV is on an HD channel at, say 15, if I watch the same show on an SD channel I have to crank the volume up to at least 25 to get the same levels...and it's not as good even then.

And honestly I find a difference in watching footage on an HD channel even if it was produced before HD was around.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope so....that;s 36 GB at a clip on my HDD's!! And I am fresh outta space right now.....

I don't have a DVR, so I'm stuck watching the clock and switching DVD's in LP mode. I'm trying to figure out how to get the 5 AM showing tonight but I have nothing.

GWF on ESPN Classic tonight from 9PM-6AM. Wednesday it will be on from 7PM-11PM and 12AM-6AM.

Definitely new episodes tonight.

The first show so far had:

Simpson vs Dane

Crybaby in action

Booker T vs Porteau

2nd show has

Rottens vs Knapp/Villalobos

Super Destroyer and ? vs Ebony Experience - Super Destroyer said there would be more SD's coming in the intro promo.

Women's Match

Davis vs Tatum?

Schedule:

Wednesday it will be on from 7PM-11PM and 12AM-6AM.

Thursday and Friday are both 7PM.

No Saturday or Sunday showings.

8/12 on Monday has it 10AM-8PM.

8/13 Tuesday is 7PM-2AM.

8/14 Wednesday is 5AM

8/15 Thursday is 3AM-6AM

8/16 has AWA on from 3AM-6AM

8/19 Monday has 9AM-8PM and UWF at 10:30-11PM

8/20 Tuesday has 9PM-2AM

8/26 Monday has 11AM-8PM.