Pro Wrestling Only

Abdullah The Butcher

Badlittlekitten

He's a blast ain't he? 'Col Mustafa's spiky boots used to scare the shit out of me as a WWF kid. I can only imagine the terror that The Butcher would have struck in me if I'd have seen him back then. You only have to look at him; the boots, the wacky trousers, the scars, that cartoonish egg body, those eerily pretty eyes, . . . he's a freak and a monster and a nightmare. He's twelve times larger than life. And that's all before the bell rings and he unleashes the blood, the nutshots, the demonic 'howl' and The Fork. I could watch him all day. He bumps and sells like a pro as well, and his 'karate' thrust cut-off's are timed beautifully.

You can't really go wrong with a bit of Abby. The wrestling world misses guys that have that aura and notoriety about them. My favourite match I've seen so far was the one linked in the Puerto Rico thread vs Carlos Colon.

I won't go in to specifics about matches just yet, so I ask you people . . what do you think of the Madman from Sudan?

• 8 years later...

Abdullah the Butcher and Tor Kamata vs Mr Fuji and Mr Sakurada (10/17/80)

Browsing through Matt D’s uploads and there was no way I could let this total randomness go unchecked. Can’t recall seeing Fujinin AJPW before. He’s pretty spirited here too and does a lot of John Silver from Karate Kid Part 3 style antics. Goes in pretty hard on Abby who then retaliates. We even get colour from Fuji. Surprisingly good match considering who is involved.