Pro Wrestling Only

Hogan/Undertaker Question

ajsmith_7

Hogan-Sid was the main. It's what the Rumble was all about, and what the News Conference was all about, and Vince's "Thank you Hulk" interview.

But:

1. Flair-Savage had the storyline/angle we liked

The whole "I fucked Liz before you did" storyline plays better to us than the whole nonsense between Hogan and Sid, which also kind of pissed us off for taking the shine off Flair's winning the title thanks to Hogan-Sid dicking with each other. We of course enjoyed Flair's post-match speech about how big it was to him... unless of course we thought to hard about that shitting on his years of being the NWA Champ. ;) Anyway... the Flair-Savage "feels" like it was equal because the storyline was better, and better put together.

Of course they shat on that storyline after Mania for various reasons.

2. Hogan was leaving

Vince knew he was leaving. Not clear on how long, but at least until this shit blew over, which could be a while. So Vince had to give attention as well to who was staying around. This wasn't quite the modern era where you could completely reset on Raw the next night.

I'm not at all saying Flair-Savage wasn't pushed. It was. But the main event was what it had been for the prior 8 years: The Hogan Match. It's what sold the tickets, and what sold the PPV buys. Vince knew who his meal ticket was.

John

• 1 month later...

Does anyone else remember a theory/rumour/plan etc. that had an un-injured Sid stepping in for Hogan at This Tuesday in Texas and winning the belt from Undertaker, then going on to defend it against Flair at the Royal Rumble, where the winner of that would carry it to WrestleMania to defend against Rumble winner Hogan? Or is my mind playing tricks?

Does anyone else remember a theory/rumour/plan etc. that had an un-injured Sid stepping in for Hogan at This Tuesday in Texas and winning the belt from Undertaker, then going on to defend it against Flair at the Royal Rumble, where the winner of that would carry it to WrestleMania to defend against Rumble winner Hogan? Or is my mind playing tricks?

Don't recall that being in the WON at the time.