Pro Wrestling Only

[2011-02-06-Dragon Gate] Maasaki Mochizuki & Don Fuji vs Ryo Saito & Genki Horiguchi

Loss

• 1 month later...

Previously at PWO:

Maasaki Mochizuki & Don Fuji vs Ryo Saito & Genki Horiguchi (Dragon Gate 02/06/11)

This was very good. Lots of heel aggression with a nice in-match storyline. Much better than I expected based on previous Dragon Gate I've seen. They do a great job working over Saito's neck. Saito plays FIP and is the weakest guy in this match, but he's carried nicely and the work from Fuji and in particular Mochizuki is enough to overcome it. The guy looks like someone with superstar potential. Horiguchi is wacky enough as a personality that he makes a really fun cleanup guy after the hot tag, to a point where I wasn't crazy about Saito recovering so quickly after the beating he took. This isn't a perfect match, but anyone who's not a fan of DG should probably check this out, as it's not all a standard spotfest and you might be surprised by the solid match layout, pacing that allows everything to have meaning and even the healthy dose of violence.

• GSR changed the title to [2011-02-06-Dragon Gate] Maasaki Mochizuki & Don Fuji vs Ryo Saito & Genki Horiguchi