Pro Wrestling Only

[2011-03-13-wXw-16 Carat Gold] Sami Callihan vs Big Van Walter

Loss

• GSR changed the title to [2011-03-13-wXw-16 Carat Gold] Sami Callihan vs Big Van Walter
  • 5 years later...

This is your story match. You're using their previous encounters and what you've learned and applying it to this match. Walter is a tank and can finish anyone especially when he hits his powebomb. That move spells DEATH. Sami is a hard hitting dynamo and can finish you with his Stretch Muffler. More importantly, Sami has had a harder tournament - Tommy End, Yoshihito Sasaki & Davey Richards. That's pretty damn good compared to Rico Bushido, Mark Haskins &  a lazy/hurt? Go Shiozaki. This was a very good fight where the man who wanted it the most won. That's a feel good story and dammit we need that in wrestling -  Even if it means guys getting put thru tables and clotheslined so hard their heads disappear. Excellent ending to an excellent event.

I did a blog about this whole show so check that out... It's from a few years ago. I actually just saw that these were up here so thought I'd share. Also here's my "awards" for the whole event:

MVP: Sami Callihan, runner up: El Generico

Best Match: Davey Richards vs Zack Sabre Jr., runner up: Sami Callihan vs Yoshihito Sasaki, honorable mention: all 3 El Generico bouts

Best Surprise: Yoshihito Sasaki

Worst Surprise: Go Shiozaki dogging it (although I will say his one finger was taped each night so, I'll give him that. However, this doesn't excuse slow paced, aimless matches on night 2 & 3)