Pro Wrestling Only

Things in WWE you like that everyone hates

sek69

I'd wager I'm probably in the minority on most of these:

I don't mind the LOD 2005 angle. They just didn't throw Heidenreich in there as the new Hawk and expect people to buy it. They showed him reluctant to take on any of the LOD gimmick until Animal assured him it was okay. I thought it was uncharacterisically classy on WWE's part to acknowledge no one will replace Hawk and made it so it was Animal giving his blessing as the surviving member to have Heidenreich don the LOD gear.

I dig the Undertaker-Orton feud. Orton's that cocky bastard you just want to see get his ass kicked, and Taker's still capable of putting on a respectable performance. Ever since his MMA phase, Taker's really done a good job expanding past the standard Hoss Moveset, and he probably has the best looking punches in the business. I've said it before, but he's spent so much time feuding with some of the most useless wrestlers in history people tend to really sleep on his ability when he's paired with someone who's not a complete waste.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

- Randy Orton. Everyone seems to shit on the guy for his wrestling and promos, which I just shrug at.

- LOL200-- er, LOD 2005.

- The Bischoff/Cena feud (yes, I'm fully aware it's a bad rehash of McMahon/Austin)

Guest DylanWaco

Randy Orton is actually a really good wrestler given his experience level. His matches with Taker are some of the best the company has done this year.

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

Randy Orton is actually a really good wrestler given his experience level.

No. And as for the second part, I don't believe that to be true, either. I wouldn't even rank his matches with taker amongst the top 3 matches of either show they were on. They were decent contest, but way too slow paced. The first match at WM was slow at the beginning and got really hot at the end. The match last night was okay, but they didn't seem to find the right pace to work at and Orton's lack of moveset really made the match a little boring. A lot of legdrops, and punches, and restholds spaced throughout a 15 minutes with a DDT placed in there doesn't make for much of a wrestling competition, IMO. And Randy Orton's constant use of the resthold in the middle of matches gets real annoying. He really needs to work on a way to make his matches slow down (Not that last nights needed to) without having to rely on restholds and weak looking sleepers. He's needs a lot of improvement. Not saying he wont, but the WWE already has enough trouble with their two big maineventers barely competent in the ring.

For the sake of discussion, if you call something "insane", please offer some type of explanation for your comments.

Anyway, Orton isn't bad, I just think he's been presented in the worst possible way and anyone new getting shoved down everyone's throats is going to be resented by the fanbase. That's Orton's entire problem - maybe the time away and brief depush earlier this year will do him some good in the long haul.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Batistas street clothes

Just a few months ago, people were praising Big Dave's pimp suits. Did the IWC pull a Strike Force turn on him too?

Im not really sweating the IWC.

Whats with your Strike Force reference?

At the risk of sounding too optimistic, I don't think Matt Hardy's getting as buried as everyone thinks he is, and I'm playing a wait-and-see attitude about it. Many will point to him losing two in a row. First, regarding the SummerSlam match, Edge developed reason to be just as aggressive as Matt. I didn't see the match, but the only reason Matt lost was due to the referee stoppage, not Matt giving up or anything.

Hardy losing to Conway was due to Matt being in no condition to fight, yet the guy has too much pride to not wrestle. Really, something like that helps his character, as it's real easy to get behind a babyface like that. Of course, at the same time, it's also a tragic flaw, but if you're going to have Hardy lose to somebody, it might as well be to a guy who's had a character makeover and has been getting some wins. Even after that, he still never gave up when Edge came to attack him and him getting hurt at the end was a matter of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't think any of this is a sign of Matt getting buried. When the announcers say that he's on a losing streak or something, then we'll talk.

Batistas street clothes

Just a few months ago, people were praising Big Dave's pimp suits. Did the IWC pull a Strike Force turn on him too?

Im not really sweating the IWC.

Whats with your Strike Force reference?

It's my way of referring to the IWC habit of jumping off someone's bandwagon once they start getting over with a wider audience.

The Strike Force reference is in regards to Rick Martel famously walking out on Tito Santana mid-match, beginning his awesomely underrated heel run. It's become my favorite analogy to bandwagon jumpers since Martel turned just as the team was at its most popular point.

Guest DylanWaco

Randy Orton is actually a really good wrestler given his experience level.

No. And as for the second part, I don't believe that to be true, either. I wouldn't even rank his matches with taker amongst the top 3 matches of either show they were on. They were decent contest, but way too slow paced. The first match at WM was slow at the beginning and got really hot at the end. The match last night was okay, but they didn't seem to find the right pace to work at and Orton's lack of moveset really made the match a little boring. A lot of legdrops, and punches, and restholds spaced throughout a 15 minutes with a DDT placed in there doesn't make for much of a wrestling competition, IMO. And Randy Orton's constant use of the resthold in the middle of matches gets real annoying. He really needs to work on a way to make his matches slow down (Not that last nights needed to) without having to rely on restholds and weak looking sleepers. He's needs a lot of improvement. Not saying he wont, but the WWE already has enough trouble with their two big maineventers barely competent in the ring.

I enjoyed many of the spots in the Taker/Orton matches and thought they flowed well and built to strong climaxes. Angle/Michaels is outrageously overrated, and I'm not gonna bother having that argument again, but I greatly prefer Taker/Orton to that match at this point. At SS the only match that came close to being as good as Taker/Orton was Cena/Jericho.

Guest TheAnvil

Chris "The Masterpiece" Masters

Coach

Jerry "The King" Lawler matches

Also, Rick "The Model" Martel was fucking badass. His feud with Jake was classic. Even though the blindfold match between them was shitty work-wise, it was fabulous in a wrestling-sense. It had emotional attachment with the fans and the match was interactive for the fans, as they cheered Jake into finding Martel.

-The Vince McMahon character. I still mark out when ''NO CHANCE'' hits and he starts strutting down to the ring.

-Randy Orton.

-The Eddie/Rey/Dominic storyline.

-Shawn Michaels (i can understand the heat he gets for backstage antics but he gets way too much hate from the net for his matches).