Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-01-02-AJPW-New Year's Giant Series] Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs Jumbo Tsuruta & Masa Fuchi

Loss

Previously at PWO:

Great match! It starts off slow and builds to something outstanding. I even hate to say that it "starts off slow", because it implies that the opening part of this is boring, which it definitely is not. They establish a fun dynamic of Kobashi and Fuchi bringing the wrestling, and Misawa and Jumbo bringing the star power. They get a lot of milage out of teasing another Jumbo submission later in the match, and I'm convinced he's going to submit when Fuchi is finally able to save him. At one time, I thought Misawa being put in a position to sell for a long time in matches like this was a rarity, but it wasn't *that* rare, and he does it here after Jumbo drops him knee first on the guardrail.

This is a little uneven. It doesn't have quite the heat or drama of some of the more legendary All Japan tags, but it's definitely a match worth seeing and appreciating, and something I'd definitely say should go on a set of missing matches, should we do one.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-01-02-AJPW-New Year's Giant Series] Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs Jumbo Tsuruta & Masa Fuchi