Pro Wrestling Only

Undertaker DVD

Marty

In case anyone's planning on purchasing it, I did, and through last night, as well as today, I've come to the conclusion that at least some batches' 2nd disc is poorly produced, with some scratches and stuff. I actually got a fairly good deal on mine $23.99 CDN for 3 discs, but when I tried playing the second disc, the disc stopped about halfway through the Ground Zero match with HBK. I tried exchanging it today, but the only other copy at the store I was at, Future Shop, had a WORSE conditioned disc. Fortunately, Future Shop was nice enough to give me a full refund, inspite of the package being opened and all.

Now, this may not be the case for all the releases, but I remember Sek having a short conversation with myself about how our WrestleMania 21 DVDs had similar problems, so it wouldn't shock me if this issue is much of the same. If so, I hope it isn't to do with the packaging (they have a stacked-style packaging for the set instead of something similar to Flair's release). It seemed okay to me, but if that's the reason, the WWE should really consider re-releasing the entire set Flair-style, especially since it's not a bad set, by Undertaker's standard of matches at least. Heck, the One Night Only match is on there.

Anyways, just a heads-up.

I do have to say, for 14 bucks, 21 matches is great. Outside the few stinkers (Yoko, Diesel, the various Kane matches), there are some great stuff there and some great extras like some interviews or segments that I fondly remember and loved (like the Flair/Hogan/Taker segment on Funeral Parlor). It's definitely worth a buy if you're either a Taker fan or just a nostalgia fan.

Guest bravesfan

Always check with SilverVision first. Highspots simply copies the entire match listing and places it on there; they have no "preorder sources" in that regard.

I'm more worried about the quality problems than the match listing. I hope that WWE isn't going to start letting the quality slip just to get more product out since DVDs are one of the few sure money draws they have now.

I still can't get over how poor the WM 21 DVD was, if they can't make sure their top show comes out looking good what can they be sure of?

Guest teke184

I'm more concerned with the shitty quality of some of the boxes.

Example #1- Undertaker's DVD has all three discs on 1 spindle in the center. WTF? Would it have killed them to add one swinging-arm holder that could hold 2 of the 3 DVDs?

Guest Cam Chaos

Their profits are down so they are cutting costs to remain profitable. Do you realise how expensive it would be to arrange a double sided spindle with a third spindle on the back cover when it comes to mass production costs? They do, which probably explains the shitty "we expect you to hold all of your discs on this one shitty spindle" packing.

I'm more concerned with the shitty quality of some of the boxes.

Example #1- Undertaker's DVD has all three discs on 1 spindle in the center.  WTF?  Would it have killed them to add one swinging-arm holder that could hold 2 of the 3 DVDs?

Actually, the one swinging-arm holder is what I have. It's got the first two discs on it, with the third behind the back of the case (like a stardard one-disc release would have).

In spite of that, the second disc was still scratched. I blame production for that.