Pro Wrestling Only

[2014-01-03-CMLL] Stuka Jr & Fuego & Guerrero Maya Jr vs Virus & Shigeo Okumura & Bobby Zavala

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

This is where I get confused on Lucha. I see a simple trios match that I assume is two out of three falls however there is a fall late in the match (the German suplex) that seemingly does not count. This may have been a captains fall match of which I will have to google the rules. Nevertheless it is a fun match that will not make my 2014 list. I never picked up on a story that ties the whole match together and the lack of an ending really hurt things. I assume this is a stop in the larger story of Fuego and Zavala with Fuego's mask being taken at the end. The rudos were very good and Virus scored major points with me for kicking the middle rope on a springboard move sending Fuego crashing to his doom. Fuego impressed me with his good babyface fire and dancing while coming up from a bridge. Like I said earlier even though this will not make the MOTYC list (*** and up) it was enjoyable and a good example of Lucha being fun. Why have I skipped out on Lucha for the past 10 years I will never know.

• 1 month later...

I haven't really watched much lucha, but I found this match very enjoyable. The rudos played their roles very well here with their dickish moves. I'm glad I read the comments in this thread first though so that I would realize this was a captain's falls match. I don't think this will be a match that will make my MOTYC list, but it is worth a watch.

• GSR changed the title to [2014-01-03-CMLL] Stuka Jr & Fuego & Guerrero Maya Jr vs Virus & Shigeo Okumura & Bobby Zavala