Pro Wrestling Only

[2014-01-12-Dragon Gate] Maasaki Mochizuki vs T-Hawk

Loss

• 2 months later...

In my comments and reviews on matches my most common criticism is a lack of story. This match is a great example of how much a simple story adds to a match. T-Hawk has killer chops that can draw blood. Mochizuki and T-Hawk face off in a test of wills between the aforementioned chops and Mochizuki's kicks which T-Hawk was winning before Mochizuki kicks him in the gut. Mochizuki employs a fantastic strategy of working over T-Hawk's arm to get to his hand, then when he is worn down use kicks to take the victory. Mochizuki attacks the hand by wrapping it around the post, stomping, and my favorite locking in an armbar then attacking the hand while the hold is locked on. T-Hawk does a comendable job selling the hand as his chops lose their effect and he has to put extra effort into chop that are effective yet at the cost of doing further damage to his own hand.

The work these two put into this is commendable, however there are a few issues I have with the match. First is that it goes to a time limit draw, which is not a bad thing in and of itself, but not knowing what was said post match or where it leads is a problem. The finishing stretch gets a little sloppy and although the panic over the impending time limit is heightened, they actually lose the intensity they show throughout the match. Still this is a rather good match and worth half an hour of your time. ****

• GSR changed the title to [2014-01-12-Dragon Gate] Maasaki Mochizuki vs T-Hawk