Pro Wrestling Only

Ugliest mofo to ever get pushed as a "BJ" wrestler AND get over

pantherwagner

Morton might have been Brad Pitt in comparison to Gibson, but he's gotta be top 5. Short (for wrestling), not impressively built, stereotypical bad '80s hair, and not remotely handsome.

I was 10 years old in 1990 and after I started watching NWA Pro Wrestling (which I did sporadically as it was on a regional channel that I did not get at home) it was hard for me to take the Rock and Roll Express. On one channel you had two flabby ugly and creepy looking old dudes whose biggest move often was a double dropkick. On the other channel I had The Rockers who were the exact opposite: cool looking handsome guys wrestling a fast style. Even comparing them to Tom Zenk and Brian Pillman on their own turf they looked like shit through the eyes of a 10 year old. It took me many years to appreciate them for what they are.

Did I hear the name Rick Martel here?

Morton might have been Brad Pitt in comparison to Gibson, but he's gotta be top 5. Short (for wrestling), not impressively built, stereotypical bad '80s hair, and not remotely handsome.

Such is the genius of Ricky Morton. He could sell so sympathetically that he got over as a blowjob wrestler simply because his in-ring work was so good. It had very little to do with his look.