Pro Wrestling Only

Ugliest mofo to ever get pushed as a "BJ" wrestler AND get over

pantherwagner

I was watching some World Class the other day (and again today) and I started wondering if David Von Erich is the ugliest mofo to ever get pushed as a "blowjob" wrestler AND actually get over in the role. I'm sure that most of you know that term or could guess that that meant, but for the younger posters here, a "blowjob"wrestler is a Memphis wrestling term to describe a good looking babyface who is given a decent push and used to draw young females to the show.

I know there's Robert Gibson, but while he is a pretty ugly dude, can't say he looks like he's got an extra chromosome 21 or that his mom and dad are cousins.

Ricky Santana and El Dandy would be good examples as well.

Any others?

Guest The Jiz

I don't know if Brian Kendrick is ugly, but he sure looks creepy.

Interesting you'd say that. He's one of the better looking guys in wrestling imo.

Greg Gagne and Jim Brunzell…jesus christ what they had in wrestling skill they lost in BUCKETS in looks...

Steve Kerin…seriously, in the Fabs to be taken as a BJ type guy? Fuck that….but Jackie Fargo put them together and that was one seriously goofy lookin dude as well…different era maybe, but ugly is ugly…period.

Steve Keirn wasn't a bad looking dude in '83/'84. I think the huge surprise that people saw him as Skinner later validates that. "That's STEVE KEIRN? What the hell happened to him?!"

I'm not sure the High Flyers were really ever considered a BJ team. That's not who they were. They were the all-american guys next door, but not your BJs.

Embry got pushes in Florida & Southwest as the young fiery babyface which was definitely a BJ push in that era.

If we are talking AWA then Buck Zumhofe would be mentioned for sure but with his recent issues it is very creepy to think about

Embry got pushes in Florida & Southwest as the young fiery babyface which was definitely a BJ push in that era.

If we are talking AWA then Buck Zumhofe would be mentioned for sure but with his recent issues it is very creepy to think about

No fucking way was Zoomhofe pushed as a BJ. He was a hard nosed dude. Just because he had a rock n roll gimmick, doesnt mean he was a BJ.

I'll submit this, and I'm pretty confident in saying it. The AWA didn't have BJ wrestlers except for maybe Rick Martel. The Fabs would have been the first ones. The AWA was about hard-nosed Midwestern kick-ass beer-belly guys. Verne didn't think in the same terms that Jerry Jarrett and, later, Watts did.

I'll submit this, and I'm pretty confident in saying it. The AWA didn't have BJ wrestlers except for maybe Rick Martel. The Fabs would have been the first ones. The AWA was about hard-nosed Midwestern kick-ass beer-belly guys. Verne didn't think in the same terms that Jerry Jarrett and, later, Watts did.

This. Not every promotion had BJ wrestlers. They can't just be someone female fans like, it has to be a guy or a team that is marketed towards bringing a female audience to the arenas. From the AWA that I saw, no one was presented that way in the AWA.

This. Not every promotion had BJ wrestlers. They can't just be someone female fans like, it has to be a guy or a team that is marketed towards bringing a female audience to the arenas. From the AWA that I saw, no one was presented that way in the AWA.

And not just women...but younger women. We've all heard the story about Jarrett asking Watts who his blowjobs were when they were doing the trade for the RNR Express. A lot of old ladies went to watch AWA wrestling at the Amphitheater in Chicago, but the young chicks...well, Verne just didn't target that demo.