Pro Wrestling Only

Jushin Liger Coming To TNA

Mad Dog

From PWInsider:

PWInsider.com has confirmed with sources in Japan that Japanese legend Jushin "Thunder" Liger will be making his TNA debut at the 10/23 Bound for Glory PPV in Orlando, Florida at Universal Studios.

It would be Liger's first appearance on PPV in the United States since WCW's Starrcade '96, where he pinned Rey Misterio, Jr, although he made later appearances on WCW television. There is no word on who Liger will be facing yet although Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, and Samoa Joe seem to be the most likely candidates.

Considered one of the greatest Junior Heavyweight wrestlers in history, Liger is a former IWGP Junior Heavyweight and WCW Light Heavyweight champion. He helped break ground for the high flying style that is associated with most Cruiserweights with a historic series of bouts with the late Brian Pillman in 1991 and 1992.

For ticket information on TNA's Bound for Glory weekend, designed to be the biggest event in the history of the company, click here.

Kim's sticking around, right? Hrmph. Not a lot of Kim to do, unfortunately. She has a good look; better than the dime-a-dozen, ditzy, bimbo blondes that seem to be popular nowadays. She was doing a lot better in-ring when she stopped flying and started stretching in her last weeks in WWE too.

...but she doesn't have any opponents.

Liger is Liger. He'll come in, have a good-great match, and then that'll be the end of it.

Guest Cam Chaos

I assume Haas will follow Gayda, so it may not be such a bad move, more a gesture of good faith to Haas. Considering what WWE puts on right now and how they use their divas and the fact neither female has debuted on TNA, I think it's a bit too early to proclaim TNA signing two women "a bad idea".

The reason why most consider it a bad idea is because they don't have a division for them to be in, and frankly they'll most likely end up being nothing more than eye candy like in the WWE.

Honestly, TNA really is trying to take it to the WWE, and it'll be interesting to watch their first show on Spike (which will be my first TNA show) and see what they can do differently than WWE.

Everyone's assuming that TNA will treat their women like WWE does, just because they're competing against them.

This might just be the start of a series of signings to make a real women's division. Like I said before, there are a lot of talented women's wrestlers working for NWA affiliated territories who would jump at the chance if TNA offered a real women's division.

What better way to show the world that they're different from WWE than to have actual female wrestlers instead of useless eye candy. I think it could get over if pushed properly, like how the WWF did in 1984.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the woman's division since it has been sucking since as of late.

If TNA puts up a real women's division and they bring in some talent, well then, I'll enjoy it just because it would be something different.

And that's what TNA needs to be is something different.

Also, maybe this is only my opinion, but I don't think the majority of North American fans want a women's division. Even if it is more credible than WWE's.

The majority of North American fans haven't seen a well booked women's divison in over 20 years. I'd agree they don't want the same diva crap WWE offers.

Women's wrestling, when booked seriously (instead of two poorly trained models having pillow fights), usually gets over with fans.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

But who here actually thinks that Jackie Gayda will help with these endeavors in ANY manner?

Except the time she popped out of her top and Lance Strom stared at her boobs, what has she done thats been remotely productive. If they can build a worthwhile womens divisionthen kudos. Im all for TNA succeding and providing an alternative to the things WWE does poorly. But that heffer aint it.

TNA seems to be adamant about fitting way too many major players into this lil one hour debut.

Guest Cam Chaos

But who here actually thinks that Jackie Gayda will help with these endeavors in ANY manner?

Except the time she popped out of her top and Lance Strom stared at her boobs, what has she done thats been remotely productive. If they can build a worthwhile womens divisionthen kudos. Im all for TNA succeding and providing an alternative to the things WWE does poorly. But that heffer aint it.

TNA seems to be adamant about fitting way too many major players into this lil one hour debut.

As already stated, she'll probably used as Haas's valet. As for being a heiffer, the woman works out twice a day, she's not exactly cow sized. I don't know who you think she is, but I don't consider this to be a fatass:

Posted Image

I don't think anyone expects her to be the Benoit of TNA so stop acting like her signing is such an awful thing. If Haas follows (and given his interviews as of late, he would like to work in TNA) I think it will be very beneficial for everyone.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Heffer(No I) = Trifilin female, not one of bovine porportions.I was using the modern meaning of the term...and working out twice a day really isnt healthy but thats another debate entirely.

If she brings Haas, then good. But my oppions of Gayda are rooting in her never being a productive member of her previous employer.

-She got the job not from showing the most promise on Tough Enough but being "the slutty one" who cheated on her boyfriend

-She never learned to wrestle

-She never had one good match, and in fact had one of the worst in history against the best female performer currenty in North America, Trish Stratus.

-In the realm of half naked and medically enhanced blondes shes the least attractive.

I DID like her comedy bits with Rico though. I will give her that. Now like I said if she brings in Haas then good. But Im confused why they didnt jus sign Haas first? If they really wanted to use her, they coudlve brought her in after they got him? What compay is he currently working for

Guest CanadianChick

As much as I'd love to day dream that TNA will have serious women's promotion, I don't see it happening. They have an hour a week to get in all their stuff. Do you really see women's wrestling, something the fans aren't exactly demanding, taking up a portion of that. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

That being said, even if Gail Kim was just brought in to manage, whatever. She's attractive, and, if a heel manager, she can bump.