Pro Wrestling Only

The Kevin Kelly Show Episode 5 - Featuring Adam Pearce

In the fifth episode of The Kevin Kelly Show, the Voice of Ring of Honor speaks with Adam Pearce about his time as booker of Ring of Honor, his early days wrestling, his potential gig with the San Diego Padres and much more. Kevin also shares his thoughts on Daniel Bryan and WrestleMania, Ring of Honor, Future of Honor and more. As always, Kevin takes your ‪#‎AsKKevin‬ Twitter questions as well.

http://placetobenation.com/the-kevin-kelly-show-episode-5-featuring-adam-pearce/

This is my first time listening to this show. I stopped listening to Kelly's previous podcasts pretty quickly due to them being shillfests for ROH. And one of the reasons I lost interest in ROH itself was Kelly coming across as a shill. But presentation wise at least early on, this show's intent seems different. But I kinda got to shake my head at this "ROH fever is runnin' wild" talk. Sure NY may be sold out but in the message boards & communities I frequent, there is virtually no buzz or talk about ROH, not the TV, nothing really other than some occassional reporting of news & analysis. I haven't seen much written about these NJPW joint shows aside from people matter-of-factly stating that these are big deal shows & that momentum seems to be building for ROH from a promotional standpoint. I'm not really seeing any mounting passion or emotional engagement from fans at all. Anyone else see a disconnect here too? Maybe the people going to shows just don't have time to pimp it heavily on the internet like in the old days?

Yeah we decided early on that when we talked ROH we would be positive and push some stuff but that in no way would it be all ROH, all shills. In fact, he is pretty cool with me voicing my opinions of their flaws and issues, which I make sure to do.

I think he actually likes not talking ROH and getting to discuss other stuff in this outlet, which is why we stray so much. We are working on non ROH guests too.

I review ROH TV weekly for our site and enjoy it, but I also had very limited previous experience with it so wasn't burnt out on the style or guys, which probably helps me. Like any promotion, there is good and bad. I love Steve Corino on commentary and he makes the hour fly by.