Pro Wrestling Only

Future Freebirds plans with WWE?

sek69

I was reading the results from the latest Deep South Wrestling (WWE's new development fed) show and I see that Ray Gordy is one of the wrestlers on the roster. Ray of course is Terry's son, and since they've been talking to Kevin Von Erich about obtaining World Class footage, and since Michael Hayes still works in the office I wonder if we won't be seeing Ray Gordy being called up to WWE to promote a WWE Freebirds DVD. If Ray has issues cutting a promo (and if he's anything like his dad he probably does), they could have Hayes come down to manage him.

Just a theory I've been working on, but I think it could be good if done properly.

I don't like that idea at all. Let the kid make it on his own merits. Wehn they rehash old gimmicks, it never works out the way it should. Hell, just take a look at LOD2005 for reference. The Freebirds were some of the most awesome angles in the last 25 years. I would hate for their name value to decrease as well by trying to milk some cash off the name.

I don't see Ray Gordy ever being able to make it on his own, every second generation wrestler ever had at least their initial push based on their family history.

I'm not saying they should make him a Freebird, just say he's going to try to make sure his dad would have been proud of him. Team him up with Hayes as a mouthpiece, but don't call them Freebirds. Let the fans make the connection themselves.