Pro Wrestling Only

The Monday Night Raw thread

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

The problem is, they'll say "This is just building towards HHH's loss" and they ALWAYS say that and it NEVER works. In the end, HHH will be right because next year at this time he'll have the belt and be saying the same thing and Batista will be nowhere.

Man, Batista is going to be DEAD in the water. They keep putting him into matches pre-Wrestlemania. Now it appears as if they're going to try to make him a FUNNY face character. Great. First the "used car salesman" shit, then the WM Taxi Driver commercial.

Guest Some Guy

The HHH promo didn't even just bury the Raw roster, that's not good enough for him any more, now he's started in on the SD! roster with shots at JBL and Cena. What the fuck is wrong with this guy? He goes out and does pretty much the same repetitive long promo every week where he puts himself over and buries everyone else and somehow expects the show to get better? Fuck HHH! The guy ruined 2002, 2003, and the end of 2004. I seriously hope he gets hurt or something to get him the fuck of TV for a while so WWE is forced to build new stars in his absence. I'd pretty much guarentee that if HHH were off TV for 6 months the ratings will go up.

I thought the HBK squash was fun and the crowd dug the shit out of it. Conway is a lost cause by this point so the loss makes no difference for him.

I don't think booking HBK with Hassaan is a good idea though. You have a guy who is greener than goose shit and there're going to put him in the ring with a 40 year old with a back back and 2 bad knees one week before the biggest show of the year in which his match is pretty much the only one that won't suck. Plus Shawn will win and it will bury Hassaan. What's the point?

Speaking of pointless. Kane vs. Batista never should have happened, although I think Batista going over means that Edge will win the ladder match. What point did this serve? The "poison" should have been a guantlet match with like 6 of the jobbers or something. For most of the match it seemed to me like they got confused and thought that Kane was the one who was headling WM as he was being put over while Batista was getting beat down. The match sucked adn was overbooked. HHH did a horrible job of acting scared or pissed or whatever he was trying to convey after the match and was really bad on color. There is no consistency with this storyline. First HHH is scared for a few weeks, then he comes out and cuts a promo saying that he'll take out Batista easily (after saying that Batista could beat JBL and Cena at the same time with no problem), then at the end of the show he's filled with some type of emotion because Batista is standing on the turnbuckles looking gassed?

Speaking of no consistency, Randy Orton who cut a passable promo and got over as a heel by the end with the RKO on Stacy. Which is good except that Orton himself should have said that line, "If I'll do that to the woman I love then what will I do to you, Undertaker?" Leaving it up to JR and King, who haven't gotten an angle over in 5 years was a mistake. Hopefully with the heel turn any mention of respect for anybody other than himself will go and he'll be and uber dick. I also hope that they have Stacy come back to him and that he continues to mistreat her and that JR doesn't kill the angle on commentary. They could have sort of a Savage/Liz dichotomy with these two as Stacy is very innocent looking and Orton is a young, good looking, wealthy, and arrogant prick whose charm Stacy just can't resist. They could run with this for a long time and it will keep heat on Orton even when he's not in an feud.

See, I think Orton's RKO on Stacy had a deeper meaning than that. Backstage, earlier in the night, Stacy kept questioning Orton as to why he would wrestle The Undertaker, etc.

Then, during the in-ring promo, Orton was talking about "silencing all of his doubters." Seeing as how Stacy doubted him backstage earlier, she got the RKO. Factor in the whole girlfriend/woman point that you hammered home, and it makes a lot more sense.

It doesn't matter who you are, even if you're a woman and/or close to Orton, if you doubt him, he will silence you. He proved a point.

The problem is, I'm pretty sure it was lost on everyone. Most people probably just think Stacy is hot and Orton hit her, so he's a dick.

Guest Some Guy

I actually didn't see the segment where she doubted him. It makes the angle even better. That should have been a point that Orton should have mentioned in a post RKO promo.

See, I think Orton's RKO on Stacy had a deeper meaning than that. Backstage, earlier in the night, Stacy kept questioning Orton as to why he would wrestle The Undertaker, etc.

Then, during the in-ring promo, Orton was talking about "silencing all of his doubters." Seeing as how Stacy doubted him backstage earlier, she got the RKO. Factor in the whole girlfriend/woman point that you hammered home, and it makes a lot more sense.

It doesn't matter who you are, even if you're a woman and/or close to Orton, if you doubt him, he will silence you. He proved a point.

The problem is, I'm pretty sure it was lost on everyone. Most people probably just think Stacy is hot and Orton hit her, so he's a dick.

That honestly makes everything make sense. Too bad JR couldn't find that line of logic.