Pro Wrestling Only

Place to Be Podcast Episode 318: Mailbag with Scott Keith #2

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott welcome back Scott Keith to again dive into their respective mailbags. With Scotty C delayed while out on the town, Justin and Scott Keith go through the giant SmarK mailbag and answer questions from Scott’s fans, hitting up topics that include the Undertaker’s potential return, greatest manager/wrestler pairings, possible future WWE Hall of Famers, the cream of the crop of the Hart Dungeon, the legacy of Shawn Michaels and much more.

After that, the PICs reunite to tackle some PTB mail before wrapping up with a special announcement about something coming to PTB very soon!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott and Justin because it is time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

http://placetobenation.com/place-to-be-podcast-episode-318-mailbag-with-scott-keith-2/

I had to laugh & nod along when I heard that part though. I've said it in plenty of places before, but yeah. I appreciate the people that take the time to analyze and criticize matches on a detailed level, because I just can't do it. I can't go into a match with the forethought to sit there and say, "Okay. Let's break down EVERY tiny ounce of this thing."

For me, personally, it just sucks all the fun right out of the viewing experience. There'd be no point. My enjoyment comes from kicking back and just actively diving into the action. What might be a "cohesive" story to some might make for one BORING snore-fest for me, or vice versa. Same time - someone's idea of sloppy might be my idea of fun, frantic violence.

It all comes down to preference. I really like Kurt Angle's ultra-intense, go-go-go style. I can reasonably sit here & understand precisely why that'd turn some people away though. It's all opinion and what you expect out of your product.

The only thing that bothers me is when someone LOOKS for stuff to pick apart or complain about. You shouldn't go into a Kurt Angle match and then get all pissy when he pops up and explodes with a suplex. I mean, you have an idea of what you're getting going into it. Don't pop in a Ring of Honor DVD and then go to bitchin' when you see a sequence of flips, dives, and fighting spirit no-selling. It'd be like clicking on a link for Big, Busty Babes and then getting offended that a pair of double D's jolts up on your screen. Don't be so stupid. You know better.

Everyone's entitled. And that's why I love lists. The more variety, the better. It's interesting to hear other people's takes on issues, not only JUST when you disagree - but ESPECIALLY when you disagree. It makes for worthwhile discussion.