Pro Wrestling Only

The Steve Corino Show Episode 9 - Matt Hardy

On this episode of The Steve Corino Show, Steve speaks about the recent roster cuts made by the WWE and speculates where some of those who were “future endeavored” will wind up next. He then discusses the passing of baseball legend Tony Gwynn and Dan presents his very first on-air rant about beach balls at baseball games.

The King of Old School is then joined by former WWE star and current ROH savior, Matt Hardy, who candidly talks about his family life, his origins in wrestling and his reunion with brother Jeff at the recent TNA tapings.

The program concludes with Steve tackling questions about Chikara and Limp Bizkit and then introduces a new segment where he reads actual texting insult wars against his buddy, Rob Dimension, that you won’t want to miss!

http://placetobenation.com/the-steve-corino-show-episode-9-matt-hardy/

This was my first foray into the Corino Show. Haven't had a chance to check it out before, but I finally found some time and gave it a listen.

Didn't disappoint. This was a good one, with Steve honestly surprising me by how well he's taken to the hosting duties. Always did enjoy him as a guest on other podcasts, but he comes across just as well in this role. Corino's a natural, engaging talker. It just kind of draws you in.

Plus he's never at a loss. He's absolutely unafraid to pause & poke fun at himself, which is tremendous. And he still pulls no punches, which is something I was concerned about going in.

Matt Hardy was a great guest. I listened to him BOTH here and on the Aubrey YouTube channel. Quick, condensed listens that are worth the time. Say what you will about Matt's faults, flaws, and pitfalls in recent years - but the guy GETS IT. Matt Hardy has such a firm grasp on WHAT works, HOW things work, and WHY they work.

And you gotta believe - somewhere out there, Jim Ross conjured up a sparkling gleam in his eye & perhaps even a smile on his face when Matt Hardy mentions getting real legitimate heat in this day and age of cool heels and wowing the crowd.

Oh, for sure. That's always the impression I took away from his gigs as a guest on OTHER podcasts. The guy is so passionate and SUCH a fan that he'd literally lose his breath, pause, take a second, and then start back up talking shop.

It's exhausting (but in a good way) hearing him dive into certain subjects and themes about the business. But that's what I meant about him surprising me as a host. It's like he took it upon himself to kind of slow down just enough to make it a smooth, seamless transition.

Damn good listen though. I'll definitely check out the next episode.

Love the running gag with Dan McGinn trying to figure out Steve's relationship with Allison Danger and American Tiger.

Listen to the week when Allison was on, she had her daughter get on for a bit, but the little one almost broke kayfabe by calling Steve "Uncle" which Steve brushed off as "all wrestler's are called that by our kids!"