Pro Wrestling Only

Kevin Steen

Grimmas

Steen and Genki Horiguchi are the two guys that I really, really want to put on my list, but I don't know if they'll make the cut. I'm a big fan of Steen's ROH run, especially his stuff from 2007-2010. Love his team with Generico, love his singles work against Nigel, and then of course, the Generico feud. Doesn't hurt that he was really the only thing worth watching in 2012 ROH. His match from October of that year with Elgin is still my favorite Sinclair era ROH match.

Unless I'm forgetting someone, I think Owens might be the best ladder match worker ever. Maybe Edge, who excelled in those matches, but Owens has had numerous high-quality ladder matches for nearly a decade now.

I have Owens at four ****+ matches this year and I've yet to see his ladder match with Balor. Cesaro and Sasha would rival him, but right now Owens is my WWE worker of the year.

• 8 years later...
On 8/31/2015 at 2:31 AM, InYourCase said:

I think Owens might be the best ladder match worker ever

I kind of hate ladder matches at this point so maybe I'm off base here, but I just watched the Ladder War against the Briscoes and thought it was full of some of my least favourite ladder match tropes and definitely worse than than the 2/3 falls match and the Boston Street Fight the two teams had had in the preceding month.

Kevin Steen is obviously excellent though he brings so much personality to his indie work, I love the character. I think he may spend too much time in brawls setting up complicated plunder and not enough beating the shit out of people sometimes, but overall he's great. The mask vs career match against Generico from Final Battle 2010 is legit a top 25 match all time for me. And he's definitely been good in WWE for the majority of his time there.