Pro Wrestling Only

Rhino/Rhyno

chrislatimer

I was a big rhyno fan , through ecw through wwe and his run in tna had its moments.

It has always disappointed me personally that wwe wouldnt give him a true push due to his lack of height as he had such an intensity to him and was a better than average power move worker and the gore was over. WWE could have made him into a low main event high midcard level act i think (probably lacking too much promo wise for a proper main event spot in wwe) .

I am going to add some of his most entertaining matches and moments going forward and i will try make the best case i can for him to get some kudos around here

your thoughts on him ?

I never loved him, but I did like him.

I remember his TNA World Title win over Jeff Jarrett at Bound For Glory (2005) - as meaningless as it ultimately was - being a pretty decent match and a nice surprise.

Edit: According to Wiki, the Jarrett match was only 5 minutes and change, but Rhino was in another huge match right before that, which was under 15 minutes, so I'm probably remembering both matches as one memorable event in my head.

I never loved him, but I did like him.

I remember his TNA World Title win over Jeff Jarrett at Bound For Glory (2005) - as meaningless as it ultimately was - being a pretty decent match and a nice surprise.

Edit: According to Wiki, the Jarrett match was only 5 minutes and change, but Rhino was in another huge match right before that, which was under 15 minutes, so I'm probably remembering both matches as one memorable event in my head.

I was so pissed when they changed the title back the next night especially as Bound for glory was meant to be their wrestlemania.

And you may be referring to the gauntlet for the gold (i think thats what tna used to call that match) which he won before the jarrett match.

I was so pissed when they changed the title back the next night especially as Bound for glory was meant to be their wrestlemania.

And you may be referring to the gauntlet for the gold (i think thats what tna used to call that match) which he won before the jarrett match.

Yep, the Rhino win was a genuine surprise, and then they went right back to Jarrett. I never stuck with TNA for long because bullshit like that made them a complete joke.

• 2 weeks later...

Always liked him as a guy who felt liquid as far booking was concerned. If pushed as an absolute monster, it was believable. If pushed as mid to lower mid carder, was fine as well. Was a good enough worker that I would have had no problems with him having bigger more meaningful matches after 2001, but the main event scene was crowded as all hell, and being just pretty good wasn't going to get a guy like rhyno a crack at the top. But for comparisons sake, I'd watch 2001 Rhyno 10x before I watch a ryback, reigns, swagger, rowan, you name it. And i don't actively dislike any of those guys, but that Rhyno in todays WWE would be a killer. He has the second best spear ever, for what it's worth, and Paul E and Joey's call on it . . . magnifique