Pro Wrestling Only

Stan Hansen's Book

BigBadMick

Anyone else read it? I'm about 200 pages in, really enjoying it so far.

One thing I found absolutely hilarious - The book starts as you might expect. A couple of forwards (Terry Funk, Pete Roberts), then his early life, childhood, football career. Then, 120 of so pages in, he casually says at age 22 in spring of 1972 he had to make a career move and that his wife took a job as a secretary. That's the first mention of her in the book. And, sure enough, I'm 200 pages in now and she hasn't popped up again.

Anyway, as I said, I'm enjoying it so far, and the e-book version I have is about 1,200 pages (large font) so hoping for more of the same to come.

Anyone else read it? I'm about 200 pages in, really enjoying it so far.

One thing I found absolutely hilarious - The book starts as you might expect. A couple of forwards (Terry Funk, Pete Roberts), then his early life, childhood, football career. Then, 120 of so pages in, he casually says at age 22 in spring of 1972 he had to make a career move and that his wife took a job as a secretary. That's the first mention of her in the book. And, sure enough, I'm 200 pages in now and she hasn't popped up again.

Anyway, as I said, I'm enjoying it so far, and the e-book version I have is about 1,200 pages (large font) so hoping for more of the same to come.

I guess that he divorced because if I remember correctly his wife is Japanese (or at least the lady that he was married to when he retired).

Kayfabe, I know, I was also let down that he didn't have a big fat wife and nine kids.

Yeah, he certainly is going into detail. Plenty on his first few months in Amarillo, then Florida, then the start of teaming with Brody in Louisiana. It's funny - the way he describes things you get the impression the money, driving and living on the road were really taking a toll on him. He does talk a bit about the wild lifestyle, but I get the impression that that was really keeping him going back then and he's a bit reluctant to admit it.....

• 2 weeks later...