Pro Wrestling Only

MOTYPod

So I had the idea a while back for a podcast devoted to discussion of MOTY by year. Basically at this point the idea I have in my mind is that each episode would focus on a year in wrestling, with myself and my co-host/guests giving our top 10 matches for that year. I want this to be all encompassing too, not just recent stuff. I've even thought that when the pickings get slim there could always be supplemental episodes for years where we offer more matches, or I just do episodes with different guests who will offer different perspectives on the year. Nothing is set in stone yet, I'm still in the feeling out stages of this thing. I do know a few things,

--I'm probably going to snag a co-host. This is because I know I can't carry a show on my own, and also because there's next to no chance I can handle the recording, editing, and posting aspects of a podcast.

--Episodes will have to be monthly at best, maybe even bi-monthly when I start Medic school in the fall.

--I'm looking for any and all input into this project. So any thoughts or suggestions go ahead and send them my way, I'm more than open to what anyone has to say. :)

--I'm not completely sold on the name. MOTYPod is the best I could come up with, but I'm bad at naming things.

Only thing I've done so far is to set up a Twitter, which can be found here. Either way this is a project I'm hoping takes off, and I'm hoping plenty of you end up being along for the ride.

Recording and editing a pod is actually pretty straightforward. You record Skype calls with this program http://voipcallrecording.com/ Use this program to edit http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ and this to convert the edited recording to mp3 http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq_i18n?s=install&i=lame-mp3

The Audacity site can walk you through the editing process. It's really not that complicated

The tech issues do seem daunting to me, even if they aren't, but it's also more because starting in August I'll be in Medic school full time which is going to take up enormous amounts of my time and I'm not sure if I'd have the time to handle anything outside of being present for a bi-monthly podcast during that time.

The tech issues do seem daunting to me, even if they aren't, but it's also more because starting in August I'll be in Medic school full time which is going to take up enormous amounts of my time and I'm not sure if I'd have the time to handle anything outside of being present for a bi-monthly podcast during that time.

I can record an episode and once it is done have it edited and uploaded within an hour now. It used to take longer.

Kelly explained the tools very well. All easy programs to use.