Pro Wrestling Only

Who is Mr. WrestleMania?

goodhelmet

That said, if we are taking everything into account I have to go with The Undertaker. The knock on him is that a lot of his big matches at Mania weren't good, and in many cases weren't even positioned that well on the cards. Having said that Taker's streak became the most important "title" in modern wrestling history and so central to WrestleMania that it was almost an impediment. There is a reason his losing was such a massive shock. Going further still I think Taker's streak is to a large degree the reason we have the current Mania model (large stadium shows, built around matches involving part time "attractions"). We can argue about whether or not that is a good thing, and correlation isn't causation, but I don't think the changes starting right around the time his streak became so important are a coincidence.

That said, if we are taking everything into account I have to go with John Cena. The knock on him is that a lot of his big matches at Mania weren't good, and in many cases weren't even positioned that well on the cards. Having said that John Cena's became the most important "wrestler" in modern wrestling history and so central to WrestleMania that it was almost an impediment. There is a reason his Rock matches were such a massive success. Going further still I think Cena's rise as the man is to a large degree the reason we have the current Mania model (large stadium shows, built around matches involving part time "attractions"). We can argue about whether or not that is a good thing, and correlation isn't causation, but I don't think the changes starting right around the time he became champ are a coincidence.

:)

If you look at the last ten Mania's Cena has been in some shockingly inconsequential Mania matches. Taker has been in maybe one (the Henry match).

Even during the Cena era when it comes to Mania season I think Taker has been pushed as being more pivotal to the shows than Cena.

I'll tell you why Undertaker is my pick....the streak was a focal point for about a 12 year span......That means 12 out of 29 Mania's where focused on one man essentially.

Which 12?

I counted 2. The two Michaels matches. And the second one was a commercial disappointment according to Meltzer.

Maybe the Edge match but was that really a one man focus when Floyd Freaking Mayweather was on the card?

The Atlanta show you went to was all about the Rock hosting the show. Hell, Lawler vs. Cole seemed more relevant. The next two were all about Rock vs. Cena. Last year was all about Daniel Bryan.

The Batista match was great but was that a one man show when you have WWE's Mr. Mania going against Cena????