Pro Wrestling Only

The Bix Show Episode #6 w/ Josh Watko on wrestling memorabilia

Bix

http://davidbix.com/the-bix-show-episode-6-josh-watko-on-wrestling-memorabilia/

Josh Watko of JW’s Wrestling Memorabilia joins me to talk everything wrestling memorabilia, including lots of action figure talk covering rarities, AOL’s old WWF action figure message board, and more, vinyl records, autographs, oddities like press kits, home videos, random trinkets, holy grails including the George “The Animal” Steele “Mine” stuffed animal, and much more. Lots of fun going over decades of collecting experience. Make sure to check out Josh’s blog and Twitter account for tons of cool pictures and stories.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this show focused on US wrestling memorabilia, but as a side note, at some point 15 or 20 years ago one of the Japanese magazines released a catalogue of all the merchandise ever produced in Japan. Memory is fuzzy ... so I don't remember if this was a magazine by itself or part of a magazine, and I'm now not sure if it was women's wrestling only or all of wrestling. I only remembered because it had a collection of all the women/idol music releases ever. Pretty sure that I still have the magazine.... somewhere in my parents' house.

I also don't remember if this was the same magazine or a different one (I think it's the latter) but there was also a catalogue of all the commercial video tapes ever released. That's how I discovered and tracked down Dandy vs Pirata Morgan and Villano III vs Perro Aguayo 80s Mexican tapes released in Japan.

I can read and write some very basic Japanese (+ google translate helps a lot) so a decade ago I bought a lot of stuff from Yahoo Japan via a seller service called Auction House Hirosaki. Yahoo Japan only used to sell to Japanese addresses so you had to use an intermediary. You'd pre-pay and he used to charge a % of the cost and then ship the items back to you. That's your best bet for Japan.

Not sure if this service still exists but I'm sure that nowadays there are dozens of anime fan services that will buy those things for you. I got CD's, VHS tapes, magazines, trading cards, action figures and tons of other stuff that back then was impossible to find unless you were in Japan.