Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the Bobby Fulton vs. Eddie Gilbert match and thought it was a lot of fun. It starts with quite a bit of your Memphis style "walk and talk" that I thought was well done and then settles down into a pretty good little match. Will try and watch the Tommy Rogers vs. Dutch Mantell match before I go to sleep.

I'm excited for that match. Eadie, as Ax, was very good at not taking crap from babyfaces who didn't want to give him what they should.

Mil, more than any babyface in the history of wrestling, had a tendency to do that.

Very curious to see what it looks like (and how it compares to Mil working with Hansen which is fun for all the reasons you'd think).

I'm excited for that match. Eadie, as Ax, was very good at not taking crap from babyfaces who didn't want to give him what they should.

Mil, more than any babyface in the history of wrestling, had a tendency to do that.

Watch the match - it's an interesting one though it feels short.

Mascaras only had good matches with people willing to take stuff from him because he wasn't going to give it to you. If you were ready to take holds then Mil would work a match with you. If you were happy to stooge, bump and "wait for an opening" you were going to get squashed.

When reading match recaps from Mexico (as we do not have old footage) early on he seemed to work a more classic babyface getting sympathy/comeback style. I think that started when he was travelling to Japan where the Japanese made you fight for your holds.

Mascaras only had good matches with people willing to take stuff from him because he wasn't going to give it to you. If you were ready to take holds then Mil would work a match with you. If you were happy to stooge, bump and "wait for an opening" you were going to get squashed.

When reading match recaps from Mexico (as we do not have old footage) early on he seemed to work a more classic babyface getting sympathy/comeback style. I think that started when he was travelling to Japan where the Japanese made you fight for your holds.

I like that aspect of this match since Eadie seemed more than happy to take what he needed. For a minute or two on the mat, both guys were sort of scrapping to have it their way.

• Loss unpinned this topic