Pro Wrestling Only

Is now the perfect time for another brand split?

Russellmania

At this point if they just cancelled Smackdown and put NXT on in it's place as the brand split, that would be great with me. Maybe steal some talent from Raw.

Then take the NXT on the network and replace it with NXT Kids and use more development talent.

WWE has a multi-year contract with NBC Universal for Smackdown. Even if WWE wanted to drop Smackdown and replace it with NXT, it's not their call. I don't think the TV people are going to just decide to drop it and replace it with NXT.

I don't even think it's all that smart of an idea for WWE considering NXT is getting them Network subscriptions from people who hate the WWE product. They've already made their money on the SD TV deal. They need to keep the fluctuating monthly Network subscriptions as high as they can.

WWE has a multi-year contract with NBC Universal for Smackdown. Even if WWE wanted to drop Smackdown and replace it with NXT, it's not their call. I don't think the TV people are going to just decide to drop it and replace it with NXT.

I don't even think it's all that smart of an idea for WWE considering NXT is getting them Network subscriptions from people who hate the WWE product. They've already made their money on the SD TV deal. They need to keep the fluctuating monthly Network subscriptions as high as they can.

I meant from a viewing perspective, not business.

Smackdown is insanely worthless right now.